Watching the Broadcast at a sports bar

as far as the selections for what to show from each corps, i honestly think dci did an ok job. If we assume they were only going to show such short segments (which is another argument entiredly covered plenty of times in this thread) then you have to give them credit for what they did. I thought bd and phantom (esp. phantom) were well covered, and gave a good diverse idea into a longer portion of a dci show. A lot of people werent crazy about the cavies clip, and while i was never too fond of their opener, I think most of it was excellent, and the baseball thing was probably a good call considering the audience. As far as the cadets show goes, they couldnt show liquid without cutting mirrors, they couldnt show machine without cutting kill bill, so decisions had to be made. Liquid, and to an extent Mirrors, seemed to be their real standard pieces where they just outplayed and outmarched (in the judges opinions) everyone else. However, showing the end of the ballad, which was a favorite moment of most this summer, along with all the 'cool' drum stuff is probably more appealing to the average person that happened to tune in, even if it was out of a 'what the #### is that' kind of curiousity

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, some people do.  They want DCI to do poorly.  Very sad.

God, you have more drama than a hitchcock film festival, I mean really......why dont you cite some examples if you see such travesty, all you do is comment on othesr and what they say and what they do...what do YOU do ??

You wanna make a statement like that, lets see some examples or facts, otherwise, why dont you get rid of it. Its just heresay. Who are the people that want DCI to do bad ??

I'm waiting

~G~

Edited by GMichael1230

Well, judging from the feedback, I think I would put together a finals TV show that concentrated on the marching. It really seems like that's what people liked, and wanted to see more of. I'd think twice about amps, because it's upset people, but not really brought new fans in. It's just been "whatever" or "these suck," for the most part.

Also, I'd like to see D2/3 corps become affiliated with D1 corps if it can do anything to remedy the problem of small corps dropping like flies.

God, you have more drama than a hitchcock film festival, I mean really......why dont you cite some examples if you see such travesty, all you do is comment on othesr and what they say and what they do...what do YOU do ??

You wanna make a statement like that, lets see some examples or facts, otherwise, why dont you get rid of it. Its just heresay. Who are the people that want DCI to do bad ??

I'm waiting

~G~

Not trying to start a flame war here, G, but if you can't see from being on this board that some people would love DCI to fail (not drum corps) then you have some mighty BIG blinders on.

No examples need to be cited. . .just go read posts for a few minutes and you will find it.

True.  I didn't mind seeing her live at quarterfinals, but some of the close ups last night could have been done without.

She was in stage makeup to be seen from 50 yards away.

If you've read about her, she is far from being a trashy person...that was the character she portrayed.

Mike

Well, judging from the feedback, I think I would put together a finals TV show that concentrated on the marching. It really seems like that's what people liked, and wanted to see more of. I'd think twice about amps, because it's upset people, but not really brought new fans in. It's just been "whatever" or "these suck," for the most part.

Also, I'd like to see D2/3 corps become affiliated with D1 corps if it can do anything to remedy the problem of small corps dropping like flies.

You can do that? You can put a TV show together and hook up 2/3 corps with Div 1 corps? How?

Not trying to start a flame war here, G, but if you can't see from being on this board that some people would love DCI to fail (not drum corps) then you have some mighty BIG blinders on.

No examples need to be cited. . .just go read posts for a few minutes and you will find it.

To me, this poster is trying to discourage forum members from engaging in critical analysis of DCI. For people who refuse to engage in critical analysis, citing facts to support a viewpoint must be a foreign concept. It really bothers me that some of the worst offenders on this forum (KingMargeret and TXMystreaux) are teachers!!!! What kind of future is in store for our society if critical analysis (no matter the topic) is discouraged by teachers?

I do not recall anyone posting that he/she wants DCI to fail. I have, however, read many posts that suggest DCI should change its policies to improve the activity. I do not agree with every post suggesting that DCI should change. I do appreciate, however, the fact that so many people have suggestions to offer that can be discussed and analyzed on DCP.

Vic Russell

And why was Jeff Fiedler pretending he didn't know the corps was in second place AFTER RETREAT HAD ENDED???

Dear Slow...

Perhaps it was because Jeff Fiedler was interviewed at the conclusion of the Cadets performance, BEFORE the retreat began (not after the retreat had ended).

I was told the score before the finale with the camera and microphone on me...that's all I knew...I didn't know Cadets' score and I didn't know Phantom's score...no placements, just score...they wanted a "reaction" of some sort....unfortunately, we had to do it twice (what you saw was the second take) because a plane or helicopter had gone over and drowned out my reply. I basically responded the same way with the same answer.....no smoke, no mirrors....

jeff