Kuhn Retires; Casella Hired at Cavaliers

MikeN

Does this mean the Cavies will be marching with slanted snare drums next year?

Playing Pearl, slanted snares. Been there, done that - 23 years ago.... B)

caviessnares82.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim and Murray are an excellent team.  However, a lot of us expect Murray to surface elsewhere.

Has Murray's departure been confirmed yet?

I always figured the Cavaliers would go in-house for the new arranger. I'm extremely eager to hear what the new sound will be like. Percussively they've pretty much kept the same style of writing since the Campbell days (in my ears' opinion anways). Intersting indeed.

Jim's talents and main contributions have always been with the writing, designing and creative aspects of the percussion.  He is an amazing arranger, composer, performer, and also is truly great in leadership roles (i.e. coordinator/caption head, etc).

Also very talented at cleaning the full ensemble...

Has Murray's departure been confirmed yet?

I always figured the Cavaliers would go in-house for the new arranger.  I'm extremely eager to hear what the new sound will be like.  Percussively they've pretty much kept the same style of writing since the Campbell days (in my ears' opinion anways).  Intersting indeed.

Murray has submitted his resignation to the organization. Whether or not they choose to make it pulic probably doesn't really matter much to him. They're prettty slow moving in matters like these anyway.

The reason why it's such a big deal is not because of how good the Cavaliers have been over the years, but their signature trademarks. The way they drum, the type of music they play, etc. It's now going to change dramatically (in my opinion). I know Casella doesn't control the way the line plays and all (that was Murray's job), but since Casella picks who he wants in the staff, does that mean we'll see a presence of the same type of people that worked in SCV? maybe Murray?

That's a very good point. SCV and Cavies have quite different styles. I'm interested to see what happens.

I just think it's funny that people are saying things like, "Cavies are gonna be awesome now," as if they were terrible before...it's a little ridiculous if you ask me.

Holee ####e, is Murray really leaving SCV?  That doesn't make any sense.

What the #### is going in in Santa Clara?

The Board of Directors at SCV are running that organization into the ground...if I may be so blunt. It's a shame.

Everyone and their brother should write to the BOD and let them know how angry and frusterated we all are.

The Board of Directors at SCV are running that organization into the ground...if I may be so blunt.  It's a shame. 

Everyone and their brother should write to the BOD and let them know how angry and frusterated we all are.

Absolutely agree with you. And add the General Manager to the list of people running the org into the ground.

it'll be interesting to see how they turn out this year, w/ the MANY staff changes that are being made.