Kuhn Retires; Casella Hired at Cavaliers

MikeN

Playing Pearl, slanted snares. Been there, done that - 23 years ago.... B)

caviessnares82.jpg

OMG, Matt, isn't that Terry De Jong on the far right, who marched SCV in '83??? Snares, L to R--Baker, Metzcus, Smith, De Jong.

(Cue the "Twilight Zone" music!!!!! :P )

Not to mention Jay Kennedy with the smokin' 80s tinted shades???? :huh:

And where the #### is uncle z--with the Deagan vibes???? :wub:

Edited by uncle z

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i speculate is that SCV is undergoing a reform, for what reason we will never know, and we shouldn't know. But it's obvious with a complete new staff especally a brand new director...but I feel that we shouldn't be saying that the board of directors is driving the organization to the ground, cause obvously they wouldn't want to do such a thing.

OMG, Matt, isn't that Terry De Jong on the far right, who marched SCV in '83???  Snares, L to R--Baker, Metzcus, Smith, De Jong.

And where the #### is uncle z--with the Deagan vibes???? :huh:

You are correct, sir (I'd forgotten about Terry going to SCV for his ageout year). I'd imagine you're up at the front sideline sweating under a 50 pound set of vibes and wondering why we didn't have a real pit yet... :P )

OMG, Matt, isn't that Terry De Jong on the far right, who marched SCV in '83???  Snares, L to R--Baker, Metzcus, Smith, De Jong.

"Baker" as in Gil Baker's son. Gil of DCM fame.

what i speculate is that SCV is undergoing a reform, for what reason we will never know, and we shouldn't know.  But it's obvious with a complete new staff especally a brand new director...but I feel that we shouldn't be saying that the board of directors is driving the organization to the ground, cause obvously they wouldn't want to do such a thing.

You wouldn't think so, would you. But, in fact, it is happening. I think they're just too stupid to even know what they are doing and their own agendas, egos and power trips are apparently much more important than the well-being and viability of the Corps.

You wouldn't think so, would you.  But, in fact, it is happening.  I think they're just too stupid to even know what they are doing and their own agendas, egos and power trips are apparently much more important than the well-being and viability of the Corps.

Oh, really? Care to elaborate? Or you just gonna keep hurling around nasty allegations with no real argument to support them?

I would assume Erik Johnson will still be the pit arranger, with Casella writing the battery beats. It should be a good fit. It seems like the Cavaliers' battery technique has been loosening up over the past few years anyway, but then again I doubt Casella will be teching hands.

Someone asked this a few pages back, but the Cavaliers won drums in 99 and 00 (sick lines).