Kuhn Retires; Casella Hired at Cavaliers

MikeN

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean the Cavies will be marching with slanted snare drums next year?

Didn't you read that post a few posts back. Casella never had much to do with the technique program at SCV, that was Gusseck (and Ralph Hardimon, but he's gone now).

After talking to one of my band directors who tends to know, it seems like Casella's title as "Caption Coordinator" just means he'll be hiring all the staff to work with the drumline, but he won't be the one out on tour working the drumline and such. I'm sure he'll play a big role though. Casella is going to write some sweet grooves for The Cavaliers!

Personally, I think this whole thread is a little ridiculous. Cavies have been a top 5 drumline for...let's see...over a decade?! (I'm not exactly sure about Cavies drum score history, but it's a good guess). Kuhn was nothing to laugh at. He was very good. Yeah, Casella will be great for the program...but, holy ****, is it that big of a deal?!

Just a side note, SOMF69, about your signature (the "I wish I was drumming" idea)...I'm assuming you saw the Cadets show this year. If you didn't notice, they played more notes than ANYBODY! They deserved their trophy.

Just a side note, SOMF69, about your signature (the "I wish I was drumming" idea)...I'm assuming you saw the Cadets show this year.  If you didn't notice, they played more notes than ANYBODY!  They deserved their trophy.

No arguing that, but it's still funny. :D