Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

Rumor has it, that Buddy Rich auditioned at the Marine Corps' "Field Music School" at Parris Is., S.C., in the late 40's. Story is they told him,"You don't have the kind of talent we're looking for." (Imagine that! b**bs )

It's unlikely, unless maybe he did it as a joke. He was already successful in the jazz world by then.

wayne bergereon did a drum corps one year. i cant remember what it was. i actually played a gid with him. by gig i mean he guest starreed at my high school jazz fextival.

if you dont know him well..hes kinda good. and he plays trumpet

:D

"Kinda good"? His first solo album

(why am I calling it album since they don't market them anymore .... anyways)

got a Grammy nod. He didn't win that year, still yet he's very well respected.

My mom says she's got film of the Lynwood Diplomats in storage. My goal this year is to transfer and restore the film. When all and done you'll all be able to listen to and see a very skinny, young Wayne.

That is, after I send a copy to Housley and Wayne first.

Read his claims to fame here:

www.waynebergeron.com

Nancy

I'd love to know if Matt McDonough of Mudvayne marched corps, he's one of my favorite drummers.

L.P. Parsons (Yellowcard) made Cadets on tenors in 2003 but decided to tour insted...

good call 'eh?

i think i saw somewhere that 2 of the guys from blue man group marched. I'm pretty certain atleast one of them marched Colts.

L.P. Parsons (Yellowcard) made Cadets on tenors in 2003 but decided to tour insted...

good call 'eh?

I had no clue about that.

I don't really like Yellowcard that much, but he's an excellent drummer. I would love to see what he can do on a set of tenors.

Edit: just looked on wikipedia, and it says that Parsons was born in February of 1980... that would have made him 23 in 2003. You sure it wasn't a different year?

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

i think i saw somewhere that 2 of the guys from blue man group marched. I'm pretty certain atleast one of them marched Colts.

I know 1 marched with The Cadets, and another marched with Troop.

~>conner

I know 1 marched with The Cadets, and another marched with Troop.

~>conner

Pete Simpson is the blue man that marched Troopers. I saw him at the Denver Troop Whoop. He and the guy that marched Cadets did an interview on a DCI broadcast in the last couple of years.

Pete Simpson is the blue man that marched Troopers. I saw him at the Denver Troop Whoop. He and the guy that marched Cadets did an interview on a DCI broadcast in the last couple of years.

yeah, that's how I knew.

~>conner