Bushwackers 2006 Repertoire

What should the Bushwackers play for their 25th Anniversary season?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Bushwackers play for their 25th Anniversary season?

• Best of Bushwackers Show
    • Best of Bushwackers Championships Show
    • Classical Music
    • Jazz
    • Broadway
    • Latin
    • More Russian Music
    • Concert Band Music
    • Brass Band Music
    • Best of the Troopers (Sorry.....I could not resist!)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be visiting lovely MN the last week of this month. See and you guys thought you got rid of me for the year when you left Scranton. :blush: Unfortunately I will not be able to attend TB tho. :(

Anywho to stay on this topic. I love so many different types of music I'm perplexed upon a decision. I am a little fond of the Metallica idea tho, it could give me some great options for finals wear next year. :P

Really tho, I just want the staff to choose something that can highlight both the brass and percussion lines.

You guys have to do classical. So many other corps do jazz (some not so well btw). That great classical sound is what set you apart from the rest of the field this year. Look, the top two corps in DCA playing classical music on Bb's. Some old phartes must be rolling in their graves. Keep it classical Bush and keep on troopin'. :D

I'd vote for some combination of the Bush championship years, with stuff from the 1996 "Sunset Boulevard" show and 1997 Latin jazz show thrown in.

Of course, then the corps would have to play something like 30 songs in one show.... so maybe that wouldn't work after all.    :P

Could be a very long show title, though.... some of the championship years stuff:

"Sweeney Todd, Out For A Sunday In The Park With George, Experiences A Day In The Life Of A Drum Corps"

Fran

I for one hope that we do original music with some of our past championship years weaved in througout. I think it would speak volumes about what the corps is all about... Proud of our past, but always looking to push the envelope. :)

when will we all know what show you guys will be doing.

All will be revealed at the open house.

November 26, 2005 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Rutgers U., Newark Campus

Center for Law and Justice Building Atrium

Click here for complete info

Edited by alexnielsen