The 2005 Corps in attendance

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I hope it Answers the Question of Why Finals should remain in the East!

the day is coming that there will be no choice it moves. will people still insist on the east then??

Great job Mike, glad to see PA finally got a second star......

Still trying to get used to seeing Texas listed as a DCA state.. TWICE yet :ph34r:

NY 8 :P

(Upstate NY 6!) b**bs b**bs

Minn 3

NJ 3

Ont 2

Cn 2

Tx 2

Pa 2

Ga 2

Tn,NC,Fl,Va,Md,Ca,,Ma,Wi,Il,Mi all with 1

That settles it. DCA is in Rochester or Syracuse from now on LOL

(just kidding) b**bs

Nice map/good work.

But I hope it Answers the Question of Why Finals should remain in the East!

Actually, if you're thinking strategically, like a business owner, someone who would want your business to GROW.... it would illustrate why more major shows are needed OUTSIDE the northeast....

but I try to lead the horse to water.......

:(

Nice map there. You will have to add 1 possibly 2 more stars in California for next year. Dream from Irvine in So Cal will be back with the full corps next year (this year we only did minicorps) and I heard that River City Regiment (from Sacramento) was going next year also.

Looking at the map, the much better geographical center would be Ohio rather than the North Eastern Coast. It would still be a long trip for those of us in the west, but closer for many other corps while still staying in the region of the heaviest density of corps. I will even go one step further and recommend specifically Dayton OH. The University of Dayton has a great stadium next to their arena. Lots of parking, easy to get in and out. I also know that it is cheaper to travel to there than to the east coast and there are hotels right across the river from the stadium.

You also have a choice of 3 airports to go into to give you more pricing and travel options. There is Dayton International at the north end of town, Cincinnati International about 50 miles south, and Port Columbus International just 71 miles north east. Not like going into Philly or Newark and driving 2-2.5 hours. Also, if you are in the Scranton area, it is only a 550 mile drive to get to Dayton so you could still drive or take a charter bus if you wanted. We go that far out here just to be able to do shows. The only drawback would be seating capacity. It seats 6000 on the front side, but then again Lackawanna Co stadium only seats 10,984 in the whole stadium. Here is a pic:

174534.jpeg

Of course the people to suggest this to are not on here officially so maybe something could be said at the DCA meetings.

Just throwing out a nickels worth of information. Great map Mike.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

???? what are the 2 corps from Ontario :huh:  :wub:

preston scout house bugle band,,,and Grennies