Maynard Ferguson in Erie

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick...

You continue to amaze me with your work on DCP these days. The stuff you are writing is worthy of a lifetime ban from here at some point soon. You need to market your words.

I wish I wasnt judging all weekend or I would come to Erie to get an earful of Maynard and Nick. I could listen to those guys all night long.

Donny

Nick...

You continue to amaze me with your work on DCP these days. The stuff you are writing is worthy of a lifetime ban from here at some point soon. You need to market your words.

I wish I wasnt judging all weekend or I would come to Erie to get an earful of Maynard and Nick. I could listen to those guys all night long.

Donny

DA......I think Nick has found a Niche working with the Erie All City Band the last couple of years.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks

b**bs Don't know about anybody else but I'm kinda proud of him and what he's been doing with those kids.

(MeThinks he may have picked up a few things from the kids too.....!)

DA......I think Nick has found a Niche working with the Erie All City Band the last couple of years.

b**bs Don't know about anybody else but I'm kinda proud of him and what he's been doing with those kids.

I'm just sayin'......ya know?

:P

I agree Gene, I watched Nick, Tom and Renee' working with the band last Saturday, I would have to say, I was quite impressed with them, and the band overall,...........................

I have been marching in various units for 25 years. I have had a multitude of instructors. So I have a plethera of ideas on how to best teach these kids. I am aggressive, but tactful. As a result, Erie All-City H.S. Marching Band is winning AAA. We are beating Open Class bands in various captions. We have, by far, the best Trumpet line in LMBA. Our Drum line, thanks to Tommy Matczak, is scoring higher than Open Class Bands. (Can I get a witness?) Incidentally, I teach the Trumpets. We have 5 Trumpets. We have a "Garfield" style drill written by Ian Flynn. The Judges have said that our program is too hard for the kids. The kids, and the staff say: "Bull_ _ _ _!" We are winning, and at almost every show, sweep all captions.

The kids aren't easy to teach. Sometimes they throw rocks.....but I throw rocks back. Sometimes they MF me. I MF them back. I know how to get to their level. Speaking of MF. I believe that Maynard Ferguson will be at the Erie Zem Zem Shrine Club on 38th & Zuck in Erie, this Friday. That would be the same time and place that the THUNDERBIRD banquet is scheduled to be held. Coincidence? Didn't the THUNDERBIRDS play a "Maynard" book last year? I heard that an anonymous THUNDERBIRD sent Maynard Ferguson's Booking Agent a recording of Erie's rendition of "Birdland." Rumor has it that Maynard has expressed interest in hearing a live performance. Is this why Maynard will be here in 2 days? Hmmm......

Edited by SoloSop420

Hello All,

The Erie Thunderbirds Corps Banquet is being held Friday October 21st, 2005,

and to kick off our 50th year our banquet is featuring a concert portion

with none other than Maynard Ferguson and his Big Bop Nouveau Band. The

event is open to the public,.............. show tickets are $25.00. Click here for all the information you will need.

Maynard Promo Page

Gary Matczak

Business Manager

www.eriethunderbirds.com

that's right Nick, 2 days,..............

Edited by Gary Matczak

Tracy and I are packing up the car in the morning and heading to Erie . Can't wait to see you guys and Maynard.

" LET THE PARTY BEGIN "

(picture Tom with red curley hair and a doggie in tow singing)

TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!!! TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! la la la TOMORROW...............IT'S ONLY A DAY AWAY!!

now if that isn't disturbing I don't know what is.

BTW: This is Shelly

Edited by Tommy T-Bird