Maynard Ferguson in Erie

Remember that scene from the "Godfather" when the horses head was placed in that movie producers bed? You'll see the same reaction from Gene when it's realized that he drank his last Labatt Blue. The happiness begins when the beer distributors open. Sometimes Gene reminds me of that skater in "Ice Castles." You know, when the audience realizes she is blind. Gene's facial expression, after his 2nd case of Blue, is similar to the skater's bewildered look just before she trips over the Roses.

Gene, why aren't you on TV? You're infamous!

Maynard's comin' to Erie!

Thanks for noticing Nick....(Blush, Blush....)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes Gene reminds me of that skater in "Ice Castles." You know, when the audience realizes she is blind. Gene's facial expression, after his 2nd case of Blue, is similar to the skater's bewildered look just before she trips over the Roses.

Gene, why aren't you on TV? You're infamous!

Maynard's comin' to Erie!

Nick, it scares me to know that you not only watched that movie, but you remember scenes from it!

I know you always coveted that solo.

Maynard Info

Nick, it scares me to know that you not only watched that movie, but you remember scenes from it!

I know you always coveted that solo.

Maynard Info

Just like Maynard Ferguson, I have coveted many solo's. About 22 years ago, when I was 17, the Erie Thunderbirds brought Maynard to Iriquois High School. After seeing Maynard's show for the first time, he was my inspiration to become a soloist. I threw away my "Jettone" and my Parduba 5 star Double Cup, bought a Shulke, and practiced my azz off. As a result, I became a soloist in DCA before my 18th birthday. I have always said: "You need to recognize!"........and so, I thank you for recognizing.

I E-mailed that Sax player who threw Tommy D off the stage. He is still ###### and he'll be looking for the "Davencouch" to sneak on stage again. He's got somethin' for U this year. He replied by saying: " I ain't riding the bus all the way to the Shrine Club on West 38th Street, on October 21st, in Erie, PA to watch a maynardfergusonwannabe fraudulently work his way on stage to let everybody know he can play a Super C." Just like in 1983, the reaction from the audience will be similar to the reaction you get when the guy next to you passes gas. That ain't no "warm-fuzzy-feeling!"

.... :worthy: .......(waiting till it's quiet)............

GO NICK!!!!!

LOL ^0^

That just ain't right. Besides, I think Nick's recollection is a little fuzzy. You see, Nick was supposed to get MF a steak dinner. Instead, Nick staked out the stage and tried to sneak in with the band, since his mama didn't give him any money for a ticket. Security was called, but by the time they arrived, Maynard's sax section had already pantsed Nick and rubbed Nair on his eyebrows. They were gonna snip his mullet, but since they were all mullet wearin', Trans-Am drivin', Aqua Velva splashin' rednecks, they figured he was one of them and stopped at the Nair. Nick didn't have eyebrows until 1987!

Maynard Info

That just ain't right. Besides, I think Nick's recollection is a little fuzzy. You see, Nick was supposed to get MF a steak dinner. Instead, Nick staked out the stage and tried to sneak in with the band, since his mama didn't give him any money for a ticket. Security was called, but by the time they arrived, Maynard's sax section had already pantsed Nick and rubbed Nair on his eyebrows. They were gonna snip his mullet, but since they were all mullet wearin', Trans-Am drivin', Aqua Velva splashin' rednecks, they figured he was one of them and stopped at the Nair. Nick didn't have eyebrows until 1987!

Maynard Info

...way to return fire bIGDAWG!!! :beer::wub::worthy::worthy::beer::beer::beer::lol: ...............trans am drivin Aqua velva splashin. :beer: ...now that's what i'm talkin 'bout

ROTFLMFAO :lol::beer::lol:

Maynard Info

I believe it is appropriate to say that Tommy T-Bird is about as confused as Michael Jackson would be at a Cub Scout meeting. Let me explain:

See, one time at "Corps Camp" the T-Birds had a long day of practice, which justifies a long night of partying, it was decided to have me Knighted to be the Professor of Ho'ism. Since I was already known to be Don Juan/Giovanni Casanova el Guapito, it was understood that I could, basically, accomodate myself with any female of my choosing. So, I have to ask myself why I woke up in the early morning hours, stark naked, with Tommy's wife at the time on my left arm, and Tommy's Mama on my right. They found Tommy a couple hours later. He was face-down-azz-up eating a jar of KY Jelly like it was chocolate puddin'.

Maynard Ferguson told me that he heard a similar story about Tommy T-Bird. He heard that Tommy wasn't eating KY Jelly. He understood that there was a lubricant sitting next to a tired, worn out, sleeping Clydesdale. We all thought that Budweiser provided the Clydesdale's. We thought wrong. Maynard was ###### that he was deceived.

Incidentally, isn't Maynard coming to Erie? Shrine Club? West 38th Street & Zuck? October 21st?

I'm goin'!

I believe it is appropriate to say that Tommy T-Bird is about as confused as Michael Jackson would be at a Cub Scout meeting. Let me explain:

See, one time at "Corps Camp" the T-Birds had a long day of practice, which justifies a long night of partying, it was decided to have me Knighted to be the Professor of Ho'ism. Since I was already known to be Don Juan/Giovanni Casanova el Guapito, it was understood that I could, basically, accomodate myself with any female of my choosing. So, I have to ask myself why I woke up in the early morning hours, stark naked, with Tommy's wife at the time on my left arm, and Tommy's Mama on my right. They found Tommy a couple hours later. He was face-down-azz-up eating a jar of KY Jelly like it was chocolate puddin'.

Maynard Ferguson told me that he heard a similar story about Tommy T-Bird. He heard that Tommy wasn't eating KY Jelly. He understood that there was a lubricant sitting next to a tired, worn out, sleeping Clydesdale. We all thought that Budweiser provided the Clydesdale's. We thought wrong. Maynard was ###### that he was deceived.

Incidentally, isn't Maynard coming to Erie? Shrine Club? West 38th Street & Zuck? October 21st?

I'm goin'!

Is this a little "OFF TOPIC"?....Or is it just me...? Take this somewhere else PLEASE!!