ballads you'd like to hear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While they're doing cute little pop ditties:

Meat Loaf - Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

I think no matter what show you were doing musically, you could do an amazing ballad using the song "On the wheels of a dream" from the Broadway musical "Ragtime".

It ends with the entire pit orchestra blasting their guts out and two singers belting it to the back row.

"The West Wing" theme song. :) No laughing...

-----

Also, a little off topic and about Crown - their ballad this year was AMAZING. "Angel" was my mother's favorite song and the song that was also played at her funeral when she passed away a few years ago, so everytime I got to hear it this summer it brought back a lot of good memories about her. Thank you Crown '05, great job. :rolleyes:

Corps haven't really done much Richard Wagner over the years... he's one of my favorites. Any of his pieces would be nice.

Ah, the ballad. Something every drum corps show should have, but doesn't. <**>

"Hobbits" from de Meij's Lord of the Rings is simply beautiful. That, and Rutter's Requiem.

I know October and An American Elegy have both been done, but I wouldn't necessarily shy away from either being used again.

There's an orchestral piece called In the Fading Light of Autumn that would be great. I'd also like to see some Grainger on the field - any of the slow movements of Lincolnshire Posy would be nice. Bell Piece and Ye Banks and Braes O Bonnie Doon could work also.

A recent favorite of mine is Icarus and Daedalus Fantasy, a wind ensemble piece. I think the slow middle section would be absolutely INCREDIBLE.