DIVII corps moving to DIV. I

Who are the 4 corps? Please give accurate info.

Yes, Who are the 4 corps?? :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy!

Several corps have either stated or implied...

A desire to go Division I... ^OO^ <---Going my way???

These corps would include...

Arizona Academy...

Blue Stars (Been there, done that, want to do it again)...

East Coast Jazz (Ditto)...

Fever...

Jersey Surf...

Memphis Sound...

Teal Sound...

All of these will probably make the move...

Within the next few years... :worthy:

Someone said that...

Kiwanis Kavaliers...

Pioneer...

Troopers...

Also want to move to Division I...

But I won't touch that with a ten foot pole... :feednotroll:

How many times has this old horse been beaten? ? ? :worthy: :lolhit:

'Til later... B)

Edited by GWFrog

should be like TOB or USSBA .

size of corps

100-135 DIV.I

99-60 DIV.II

its not fair to the DIV.II and div .III corps to be cpmpeting against corps with over 100 members when they have 75-80.

Howdy!

Several corps have either stated or implied...

A desire to go Division I... ^OO^ <---Going my way???

These corps would include...

Arizona Academy...

Blue Stars (Been there, done that, want to do it again)...

East Coast Jazz (Ditto)...

Fever...

Jersey Surf...

Memphis Sound...

/snip

Someone said that...

Kiwanis Kavaliers...

Pioneer...

Troopers...

Also want to move to Division I...

Just wondering...where was it stated or implied that Memphis Sound had any intentions to move up? I'm not saying it will never happen, but this will be their 4th year and they haven't broken the Top 10 yet - I'm pretty sure they are more focused on Div. II right now, moving up is probably the last thing on their mind in my opinion.

Also, I'm guessing you're joking about Kiwanis, Pioneer and Troopers "moving up" to Div. I...right? :worthy:

should be like TOB or USSBA .

size of corps

100-135 DIV.I

99-60 DIV.II

its not fair to the DIV.II and div .III corps to be cpmpeting against corps with over 100 members when they have 75-80.

Raiders placed above Memphis Sound (~97) and Orgeon Crusaders (~104) with numbers in the mid-50's , plus Taipei Yuehfu and Yamato also passed Memphis in Grand Finals. It isn't all about the numbers, obviously they had a great package despite their size. And like the post above mine says...don't forget what Teal Sound did. :worthy:

Speaking from the "Olde Pharte" point of view, I think the basis for DI, DII, or DIII should be the quality of the corps. Back in the day, you could choose to be Class "A" or "Open class" as your corps saw fit. It was all about the quality. If the curent rules applied back then, Boston would not have made associate member of DCI. (1978 I believe, with only 25 horns!! )

Position 13-25 were DCI associate corps. The top 12 corps were member corps. If a corps fell out of the top 12 after 3 or more years in the top 12, they retained their member status for 1 year.

Bigger numbers do not always make a corps better.

Speaking from the "Olde Pharte" point of view, I think the basis for DI, DII, or DIII should be the quality of the corps. Back in the day, you could choose to be Class "A" or "Open class" as your corps saw fit. It was all about the quality. If the curent rules applied back then, Boston would not have made associate member of DCI. (1978, I believe. With only 215 horns!!!)

Position 13-25 were DCI associate corps. The top 12 corps were member corps. If a corps fell out of the top 12 after 3 or more years in the top 12, they retained their member status for 1 year.

Bigger numbers do not always make a corps better.

It says in the lacrosse tribune (link to the article on Blue Stars website) that the Blue Stars were the only corps to be granted division 1 status.

"The Blue Stars were the only corps accepted as a new Division I member for next summer."

~>conner