SPARTANS

OREGON

AND ARIZONA

ANY OTHERS ?

should all move up to DIV.I

even if it is part time status.

make 30 open class DIV. I corps.

why not ?

If ESPERANZA , PACIFIC CREST , AND MANDERINS CAN WHY NOT THESE CORPS ?

Edited by dcifan2002

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartans' director has stated publicly several times that he's perfectly comfortable staying Div 2.

BS, AZ and ECJ are working on it.

Spartans' director has stated publicly several times that he's perfectly comfortable staying Div 2.

WHY?

I fine organization. a large corps .

used to touring.

makes no sence.

they say DIV. I does not have enough corps. this would solve all.

making top 20 would be tough.

WHY?

used to touring.

Although they had about 18 shows this year (including Finals week), they didn't tackle a "full" tour like Blue Stars did (who had close to 32 shows I think?). I doubt it has anything to do with "size" or stablity, the Spartans organization is obviously a very strong one - they just simply choose to stay where they are comfortable, I personally don't see anything wrong with that choice. They're a winning organization in Div. II/III, if it ain't broke don't fix it. :)

East Coast Jazz, Bue Stars and even Arizona Academy have stated their intentions of moving up if not next year then obviously sometime within the near future - that's a personal decision that is based on the corps. I doubt winning this year is the one thing that convinced ECJ to attempt the move, I'm sure it's been on the minds of the staff or board of directors for a little while now.

Best of luck to all 4 corps that have applied!

Are Spartans the 4th corps that applied though? I mean, I know they have said many times they want to remain in Div. II...but who else would it be? Teal Sound?

WHY?

used to touring.

makes no sence.

they say DIV. I does not have enough corps. this would solve all.

making top 20 would be tough.

Frankly, it's not my place (or anybody else's on this board) to question how Peter LaFlamme wants to run his corps.

If you want your questions answered, you should email him.

Although they had about 18 shows this year (including Finals week), they didn't tackle a "full" tour like Blue Stars did (who had close to 32 shows I think?).

The reason why Blue Stars have so many shows is because there are tons of shows in the midwest during the early season (8 in WI). The Midwest Starts having shows a week or two before the east or west coast and during those weeks the blue stars are performing shows every day close to home while the coastal corps are waiting on there first few shows that are close to or in July. Im pretty sure Blue Stars didn't leave the midwest until August when they went to Virginia.

i don't see why spartans should have to go to div. 1 to legitimize their corps... they're a very successful corps with a very rich history that they've created in division 2 - i see no reason they should have to move up.

Edited by TTitans909

The reason why Blue Stars have so many shows is because there are tons of shows in the midwest during the early season (8 in WI). The Midwest Starts having shows a week or two before the east or west coast and during those weeks the blue stars are performing shows every day close to home while the coastal corps are waiting on there first few shows that are close to or in July. Im pretty sure Blue Stars didn't leave the midwest until August when they went to Virginia.

I don't doubt that might have something to do with them having so many, but they also did tack on quite a few more shows compared to 2004. According to corpsreps they had 24 in '04, 32 in '05 - I'm just saying, obviously they made an effort to tackle a more intense tour schedule this season

We had 27 shows this year, the first few were up North, with the exception of Alabama and Tennessee, so of course I realize there quite a few shows in that region during the early season.