DIVII corps moving to DIV. I

so after all is said and done...who was the fourth corps to apply? i have blue stars, ecj, and az. that's only three. it STILL hasn't been answered...

If I had to put money on it, I would say OC.

~>conner

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I go back to Impulse. Look at the maturity of the music and visual designs, and the power coming into the staff. They look to be thinking in the future now. Ask yourself how different their thought process is from Capital Regiment when they took the plung.

Just something to think about,

Michael

I ask only because it was already announced that bluestars moved up. Just wondering if more are aloud to move up? Also, has anyone ever heard of regional division 1? My friend told me about it but I don't know if he was telling the truth.

As far as I know, multiple corps can move up, no limit. And yes, there are regional corps...Pacific Crest and Esperanza.

Sure thing. You might get paid higher appearance fees as a D1 corps, but it's also a whole lot more expensive to operate

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with what I asked.

Pioneer won D2 and D3 a couple of times, moved up to D1, and now languish at the bottom of the division, probably getting less respect and less exposure than they would if they were still in D2.

96-01 were the first 6 years Pioneer was in DIV 1 and I think they did pretty wel. 02 was a down year, 03-04 were the rebuilding years and 05 was the best year they've had in a long time. They only real reason they were stil on the bottom was b/c them and the other corps on the bottom steped it up. And just b/c you on the bottom doesn't make you a bad corps, a corps that's not able to push it's way up into finals.

I ask only because it was already announced that bluestars moved up. Just wondering if more are aloud to move up? Also, has anyone ever heard of regional division 1? My friend told me about it but I don't know if he was telling the truth.

I don't think they're a limit to how many can go up to DIV1. you have to be evaluated as a DIV 2 corps first and then you move up to Regional DIV 1 were your evaluated for a few years on a DIV 1 level.

Regionals DIV1 CORPS- div 1 corps that tour in tis' region, doesn't have to do as many shows as other div 1 corps.

DCI probably has a limit. They probably don't want sixty corps in division one...

Why would they want a limit? They used to have 40+ in Open Class Prelims in the 70s & 80s. It wasn't until the 90s where they had to change the Top 25 to Top 21 because they barely had enough Div 1 corps to fill out DCI membership.

Edited by JF_the_Elder