If it was said once it needs to be said again

i keep hearing you guys talk about emotion. while emotion is important to GE, there is no "emotion" box on the scoresheet.

of course, to some of you, emotion is 43 contras playing loud and out of tune (no offense)

Haha, anonymous post or not, that was my first laugh of the day. :worthy:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most exciting moment of that show? the big chord at the end of the ballad. I think that's the best explanation of why cavaliers' brass doesn't belong to this planet. that brass-only fermato... priceless.

Agree 100%. And I'm a drummer.

That chord alone, in my mind, separates that show from many others. The visuals do the rest.

I think this whole debate comes down to what you mean when you say "best".

Frameworks certainly isn't my favorite show, but can you think of any shows that, head-to-head, would outscore it? Especially with today's judging panels? Cadets 05 maybe (much better drumline, but that's another discussion). Frameworks was designed to win, and win big, not to be anyone's favorite. IMO...

star 91. just watched again for the first time in awhile... i think the drill is better than cavies 02. and they actually played (extremely well - on 2-valve Gs, no less) while they were marching like crazy. i think it could make a run at frameworks.

most exciting moment of that show? the big chord at the end of the ballad. I think that's the best explanation of why cavaliers' brass doesn't belong to this planet. that brass-only fermato... priceless.

Definitely a huge moment...like an organ on steroids!

I recognize several sorts of audience appeal, but the '02 Cavaliers (among others) don't appeal to me. Frankly, I don't think they appeal to nearly as many fans as shows like the '05 Phantom Regiment.

Please don't tell me you that you think Phantom '05 will prove to be more popular than Cavies '02.

:worthy:

At finals, I cheered the visual design and the hornline performance (it even got a few internal 'wows' from me), but it didn't do much else for me.