LEAST cheesy show ever?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for confirmations on the Southwind one, as well as the answer to my question about Glassmen '98, '99, and '01...

Well, I can confirm that there were no cheesy body movements in '98. I think our show was pretty straight forward with little flash. just strong playing.

1994 Blue Devils

1996 Phantom Regiment

1998 The Cadets

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard

2000 The Cavaliers

2000 Santa Clara Vanguard

2003 Phantom Regiment

2004 Phantom Regiment

I'm still waiting for confirmations on the Southwind one, as well as the answer to my question about Glassmen '98, '99, and '01...

I didn't think those Glassmen shows were cheesy, but I was in them, so I am and will be forever biased. I too am curious though what parts might be considered cheesy (with the sabre dance in '99 being one thing that I could see where someone's coming from).

Can't agree. In 1988 they did an encore as part of their show. Wearing rings outside the gloves I believe to be cheesy as well.

aw, why is that cheesy? The corps still does that to this day. Its a ring. You wear them!

BD 2001 seemed to be relatively cheese free. comparatively speaking

Cadets '98 had that flag feature where they had the color spectrum ripple along the back and right sidelines - possible cheese.

The only possible cheese I can find in Southwind 2000 is in the closer (near the beginning). There is a guard close-up, and the look very "angry" at the first impact. However, that is one dang fine show. Stupid final box rotation...

aw, why is that cheesy? The corps still does that to this day. Its a ring. You wear them!

BD 2001 seemed to be relatively cheese free. comparatively speaking

Nah, the guard dance sequence with the hats and the snare line picking up the horizontal bass drums, pure cheese moments.