MOST cheest show?

Cheesy is trying to be cool and coming across lame.

w/Stp:

Totally agree. Something that's done tongue in cheek (or like VK, tongue hanging out a mile away from cheek) can't, by definition be cheesy. Shows that attempt 'the big concept' or 'heavy emotion', on the other hand, can have more cheese in 'em than the Mars Cheese Castle.

Cadets '02 show was the epitome of cheese for me. They took a perfectly good piece of music and cheesed the #### out of with boys stripping down and getting dressed for service while sad girls read newspapers about the horrible war, then the historically inaccurate version of the pledge of allegiance was shouted, and ....oh, excuse me, I have to go puke.....

ok, much better. Others that come to mind are the Cavaliers '94 show (bargain basement homoeroticism from the guard overshadowed a great musical book), BD's Casablanca show, and that year that Crown (or was it Magic?- it's been blocked...) played with big chess pieces all over the field. Just painful to watch...

Edited by mobrien

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star of Indiana 1992 - I loved it though!

The Cadets 1996 - So awesome!

The Cadets 2002 - Cheesy But yet so awesome.

Others that come to mind are the Cavaliers '94 show (bargain basement homoeroticism from the guard overshadowed a great musical book)

Haha, I never saw the show that way....

The chess show was Crown '96, by the way. I actually really enjoyed that show. Heard some horror stories about the chess pieces though.

First, I don't think anyone had a totally cheesy show, but certainly some shows contained a slice that was unnecessary...

1975 SCV during their production number, the colorguard played "paddy cake" with each other. The coverage camera zoomed right in on them. Otherwise total class, but I was embarrassed for them.

1977 Madison Rifles tried to dance.

1978 27th Lancers use of pom-poms during their closer (first intro to non-guard equipment?) Top notch guard up until that point.

1980 Bridgemen Duck. Great show, loved it! but hated that duck.

1981 27th Lancers Contra bases tried a rifle toss over the guard. Toss toss toss toss, drop catch drop drop.

1983 Blue Devils Guard used feathers.... and they were dirty.

1983 27th Lancers, didn't the guard play jump-rope?

What about the 1987 Vanguard? With all the costumes, the Frost Wizard, the Ice Princess, the magic trick, the "acting" during the warm-up ... cheesy to some, perhaps, but it all worked perfectly and combined to help create one of the most spectacular shows ever.

First, I don't think anyone had a totally cheesy show, but certainly some shows contained a slice that was unnecessary...

1975 SCV during their production number, the colorguard played "paddy cake" with each other. The coverage camera zoomed right in on them. Otherwise total class, but I was embarrassed for them.

1977 Madison Rifles tried to dance.

1978 27th Lancers use of pom-poms during their closer (first intro to non-guard equipment?) Top notch guard up until that point.

1980 Bridgemen Duck. Great show, loved it! but hated that duck.

1981 27th Lancers Contra bases tried a rifle toss over the guard. Toss toss toss toss, drop catch drop drop.

1983 Blue Devils Guard used feathers.... and they were dirty.

1983 27th Lancers, didn't the guard play jump-rope?

Reguarding SCV 1975.....:

I believe it was 2 cymbal players, ......Pete Romo and Tad Carpetner.

not nearly as embarassing as the close-up in SCV 92 when they show the guard girls playing patty-cake and one of them messes up. i always laugh at that.

i'm gonna go with cadets 02 and 05 on this one.

02 for the uber-patriotism and 05 for the bjork-speak, drum-speak, and judge coming out of the box at the end in a judges' uniform. the inclusion of that makes absolutely no sense in the context of the show and was just thrown in there to get a laugh/rise out of the audience.

that said, i still love cadets 05.

Edited by TTitans909

I'm pretty sure that was scripted ...

really? that's entirely possible. i just never saw any reason for them to mess up and just assumed it was accidental.