MOST cheest show?

'02 Boston. The year of the scrolls. Compared to those things, perhaps vocal narration isn't all bad.

Yes it is B)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uuhh...hello?

81 Skyryders

(cheesy rainbow)

am i in the right place?

I'm rather surprised that no one has brought up the topic of Cavies this year. I mean, hello, the home run over the BoSox guy? Really folks. just that is grounds enough for this show to deserve mention here. Of course I'm not saying that it wasn't a great show because it was. Simply bringing up the high cheese factor. :)

I'm rather surprised that no one has brought up the topic of Cavies this year. I mean, hello, the home run over the BoSox guy? Really folks. just that is grounds enough for this show to deserve mention here. Of course I'm not saying that it wasn't a great show because it was. Simply bringing up the high cheese factor. :)

In all fairness, when Chicago lost that last world series that Cavies were referencing, it WAS against Boston Red Sox (I'm pretty sure, at least). If that segment was a dream of the game that 'could've/should've been,' it makes sense for the Cub's homerun to come off of a Red Sox player.

Sure, it was a wink at the home crowd, but it doesn't really go against their show.

Again, since the Cubs lost that WS, I always thought that piece was a kind of tribute/dream that Chicago won

--

doug

baseball nerd, though I might be wrong in this case (kind of tired so I'm not thinking 100%. Once someone posts and corrects me, I'll be banging my head against the wall saying "crap: I knew that")

'92 Star. Those stupid scrims. Ugh.

I loved watching that show all season until they pulled those out. It was such an OBVIOUS cheap applause ploy.

They didn't need it. They played and marched their ##### off that year. (To complete the "still got the point across" part of the original thread).

I loved watching that show all season until they pulled those out. It was such an OBVIOUS cheap applause ploy.

They didn't need it. They played and marched their ##### off that year. (To complete the "still got the point across" part of the original thread).

Exactly. And Cadets '02 was similar (maybe worse...with the whole Pledge of Allegiance "Under God" thing.) Both corps relied on pulling patriotism strings for GE. Thankfully, it backfired both times. Ironically, neither corps needed it; they had terrific shows, but the more they threw in, the more I hated them.

Exactly. And Cadets '02 was similar (maybe worse...with the whole Pledge of Allegiance "Under God" thing.) Both corps relied on pulling patriotism strings for GE. Thankfully, it backfired both times. Ironically, neither corps needed it; they had terrific shows, but the more they threw in, the more I hated them.

That about sums it up. I marched a corps that performed very early in te day in 02. And I remember everytime I saw the Cadets show that season, it seemed like they had added something else that was wayyy too tack and just took away from the actual show. Cavies may have won DCI that year, but Cadets should have won Grand Nationals with that show. :P

'80 Bridgeman - Civil War geared towards DCI in the south, not to mention the football scrimmage.

Good cheese.

78 Scouts. "How deep is your love" and "Star Wars".

Major cheese, but it worked at the time.