2006 DCA Championships Location Announcement

The 333 N Plymouth is the Rhinos current address. The new stadium is up the road a bit Near the corner of Lind and Oak Streets with W Broad Street running behind the home side stands. So when you face the front sideline, you are facing southwest. The center of the home stands appears to be about where the kink is in Broad Street.

Here is a Google Map link to the empty field. The stadium is between W Broad, Smith and Oak streets:

Paetec Park Site Location

I came up with it being on Smith and Lyell ave.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I fly from Rochester to San Francisco 2 to 3 times a year to visit our son Joe and all our friends in the Renegades. Unless you are using your frequent flier miles in Southwest Airlines, I would say book directly to Rochester. Rochester is a common stop For most major airlines like United, US Air, Delta, and American. you can get off the plane, jump in a cab and be at the stadium in 10 minutes. If you are flying Southwest, you have to fly into Buffalo which is about 65 miles from Rochester.

Any questions you Renegades have about Rochester, Ask Joe Wilt, He lived here most of his life and he was still living here in 96 when DCA was here the last time. I guess I better start figuring out how I am going put the entire Renegades Drum Corps in my guest bedroom... LOL. Maybe we could have pizza orgasmica in my back yard, my neighbors would love that. I am saving $400 in hotel bills, that will buy a lot of...pizza. And to answer Lisa's question, yes there is plenty of Yeuglings in Rochester.

For Grenadiers travel would be roughly...

3 hours, 37 minutes at 213.52 miles

That's going down I81 and heading off to Rochester when hitting Syracuse. I'm sure the new hi-speed ferry would be much faster, and definitely much less miles. Could be a real advantage for the team from the "Great White North"

TAKE THE FERRY!

Want to keep up on the progress of the stadium?

Paetec Park

The upper deck appears to be a little low. Will there be enough concert side seating available? Also, there doesn't appear to be enough parking.

TAKE THE FERRY!

That might not be the best choice. It is 160 miles from Kingston to Toronto, 3 and a half hours driving time. The Ferry only runs twice a day at best. I think I would drive the extra hour and be in Rochester.

Edited by bariforhire

would the corps buses and trucks fit on the ferry? :blink:

just curious. i'm used to ferries that take cars only.