Your Chance to Name the new PHX Minicorps

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix Fire

I believe the effort to get a minicorps off the ground in Phoenix, Arizona has reached the launch sequence. We've got some great players on board, though more horns are needed, and some great support in getting a musical program together. To repeat from a previous post: The plan is to play a Tower of Power show, or Tower of Power-type show, taking some oldies like perhaps Squib Cakes mixed with some newer things like This Type of Funk, throw in a ballad such as Still a Young Man, and put it all together to make a nice 10 minute show. The exact repetoire will be finalized shortly. It will be a beat-crazy-motor-booty affair characterized by smokin' brass.

With the above description in mind, please suggest some names.......please. Our braintrust is not coming through on the name so we need your help.

Boom

p.s. Let me know if you're interested in being part of __________________ (?)

The Death Valley Kadets of Phoenix Drum and Bugle Corps

Why not Phoenix II?

From out of the fire comes the legendary and magical bird. The Prince who encounters the Firebird is captivated by her beauty and captures her. He feels pity on her and sets her free and in return, the Firebird gives her a feather and promises to aid him in his hour of need.

Why not use the name of your city...it worked for Boston, Chicago and even Kansas. Good luck!!!

Why not Phoenix II?

From out of the fire comes the legendary and magical bird. The Prince who encounters the Firebird is captivated by her beauty and captures her. He feels pity on her and sets her free and in return, the Firebird gives her a feather and promises to aid him in his hour of need.

Why not use the name of your city...it worked for Boston, Chicago and even Kansas. Good luck!!!

Now if we could only get DA, the Martins, Barge and some of the other brass players....sigh! :laugh:

Los Javelinas!!!!!!

javelina_shades.JPG

Funny: I was considering earlier the moniker of Thundering Javelinas.

I've got to say, there's something about the Death Valley-thing I like, even though it's in California. Maybe we could be The Death Valley ______?_____ from Southwest of Nowhere. Nowhere is a real place in Arizona, population 0.

Boom