Phantom 2006

Screwing up the brass caption award was "rude and dis-respectful" to the members of the Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment. Clearing the stadium out during the Blue Knights last performance was "rude and dis-respectful." Reading Hopkins blog from that time period...the Cadets and Cavaliers should be thankful they even got to play at all that night!!!! :)

Shall I go on?? <**>

First off the Cadets had nothing to do with the brass caption screw-up, talk to DCI about that one! So you are defending the rude arrogant behavior of Phantom? pathetic! As for the Cavaliers, they were one of the first corps to leave the field in respect to the Cadets, the Cavaliers are a classy organization that knew that were just beaten by a great corps. If DCI had any balls they would have fined Phantom for their classless display!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off the Cadets had nothing to do with the brass caption screw-up, talk to DCI about that one! So you are defending the rude arrogant behavior of Phantom? pathetic! As for the Cavaliers, they were one of the first corps to leave the field in respect to the Cadets, the Cavaliers are a classy organization that knew that were just beaten by a great corps. If DCI had any balls they would have fined Phantom for their classless display!

You have 9 total posts. Each one is in defense of the Cadets and then follows by degrading the Phantom Regiment....

who is the classless one here?

devil.jpg

The image doesn't come through as AngelFire does not allow linking of images.

...thought better of it

Edited by raphael18

I want to see the 1996 show again too, in 1996. That show, for me and I think many many others, has been elevated into the company of the very elite drum corps shows of all time...not because of execution or cleanliness, or revolutionary design (it was a relatively straight forward program) but because of the emotional connection. No attempt to recapture that magic and passion could EVER live up to the original IMO. And not to start a fight over new school and old school, but that show was sooooo #### loud. Corps today, Phantom included, just don't play on the brink like they did back then.

yeah, i'm not sure that show would sound the same on Bb horns... i'm really not trying to rehash the Bb vs. G debate (and please, all you Bb fans, don't respond with "yeah, it would've sounded different... more in tune and better balanced"), i just think that that show might not have the same effect on Bb.

and wow, there's a lot of mudslinging going on here... if only people would put their corps affiliation in their sig, then we might understand more where everything's coming from.

i will say from a completely unbiased POV that i really didn't like either phantom's 04 or 05 shows, but i'm definitely looking forward to this one if it sounds as good as it looks on paper.

Someone already mentioned the DNA drill move from Cavaliers '95. MikeD has mentioned several times that the Troopers' famous Suburst was performed by high schools before they took it. Cavaliers Fight Club and the triangle move at the end of the Bond show were adapted from drill moves originally written for a band.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Others can surely provide more, because believe me, they're out there. The interaction between the drum corps and marching band world, particularly when it comes to designers and instructors, practically guarantees that the best ideas from each will cross over to the other. I know you're not a fan of singing, but recognize that there is so much more to marching band than amped vocals. (I marched in BOA National finals all four years of HS, and never marched in a show with any amplified voice) If you get the chance to see some of the most creative programs out there, groups like Center Grove, Plymouth-Canton, Union, Ronald Reagan, or Marian Catholic, then - well actually, having read your posts you'd probably still deride them for being high school groups. But you'd be missing out on some great stuff. If a corps can approach some of the genius that Marian's director Greg Bimm has displayed over the years, then it can only ever be a good thing.

Dunno if anyone cares but Phantom Regiment's Drill writer also writes for alot of Texas bands like Odessa Permian.......just a tidbit of random trivia.

Whatever Phantom does this year, I sure hope it's a better product than they put out last summer. The 2005 show was filled with cheese (which they seem to get a free pass on),

Well, considering Cheese and Wisconsin go togther, perhaps they should "keep the cheese". Just not Cut the.........................

Rocketman - not a cheese head

ampssuck