VK Returns?

Well, I know Luis, Frank and Troy....

This is rather....enlightening....

I will reserve comment until I know further, and I don't want to bad-mouth something before it even hits the ground running.

At least I don't see the TH initials anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Then I WOULD bad mouth...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What potential impact would this have on Impulse?

This story sounds somewhat familiar to the Suncoast Sound

and Magic (of Orlando) situation of 1990.

I know that Impulse fired up after the Velvet Knights

went under, and have somewhat taken on the VK

style.

Thoughts folks, these are just thoughts.

Looks like its getting a little crowded in the Orange County area. I wonder if that area can support that many Corps? I really hope it can! Be really cool to see that many corps in Southern California! b**bs

Jim Wolf

71-77 NJ Black Watch

Well, I know Luis, Frank and Troy....

This is rather....enlightening....

I will reserve comment until I know further, and I don't want to bad-mouth something before it even hits the ground running.

At least I don't see the TH initials anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Then I WOULD bad mouth...

If TH is the formally known band director at PHS then I am right there with you. But I wont bad mouth either. All I can say is, PHS is gonna do much better now. :)

I think the area can support another corps. If VK can get back up and running...and god I hope they do. The would be able to pull members from all over the country and not just in their back yard.

Where do I send a check.

Good Luck to you all! Many of us would love to see VK back on the field!!!:)

First of all, let me take this opportunity to thank those of you who have expressed interest in our organization.

Indeed, we are in the process of forming VK Youth Arts Organization, Inc. for the youth of California......and why not, beyond that as well.

The process is lenghty, but is very well under way.

We have a board meeting scheduled for October 29th, to where after that, we will be making a much more formal announcement.

If you wish to remain informed about the news and activities of the organization, I invite you to sign up on our mailing list, on our website.

Please, feel free to address any questions, and/or concerns regarding our organization to myself, or the general mail address. My email address is mayra@vkyao.org

Your support is VERY MUCH appreciated, as we embark on this VERY EXCITING journey.

Thank you

Mayra

Secretary

VKYAO

------

^^ As posted on: http://www.vkyao.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2 earlier this evening.

I pray they are not teasing.... And I pray they are seriously thinking about running a well-managed, tenaciously funded organization. I hope they aren't a group of well-meaning yet ego-driven people who won't bring in good business people truly capable of running (or in this case, resurrecting) a top caliber drum corps.

I recognize a few of the board members' names. Good folks. Being the optimist I am, I wish nothing but the best and would want nothing more than to be able to cheer for my corps again at a DCI show.