prayers needed

I wish I could give you more then prayer, but I can't...all my love to those who grieve. May God give them comfort ten times over their sorrows of now. I lost a four classmates and friends four years ago boating when a strom came on lake erie, so I can't imagin this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very moving and emotional article appearing on the Drum Corps World web site; www.drumcorpsworld.com. The article was written by Pat Seidling, Director of the Phantom Regiment. Apparently Pat is from the same Wisconsin town where the band hails from. Also, accoording to this article, the (late) band director was a drum corps person having marched with a local corps from the area. My condolence to all those involved in this horrible accident. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

My heart aches thinking about what happened.

As a band director and past corps director...this is my worst nightmare. (Literally)

WHen traveling with a band/corps I never sleep much...on tour, every time we tapped the breaks I would look out the window. It is so sad, and I hope that we never read of things like this again.

We are lucky that with all the corps, winter guards, and bands on the road that travel such crazy hours on so many highways; we all tend to take it for granted.

My grandfather drove a bus for NJ Transit and did charters for 40+ years, in all that time he never had an accident. I guess the responsibility and awareness is something that has always been engrained, and the awareness that something could happen so quickly and unexpectedly is a reality.....

In 2004 at Crossmen we narrowly averted a huge distaster in our accident. (Once again, very sudden, and out of nowhere...it occured.)

Kudos to the thousands of drivers out there that get us to our desintations safely. And all our prayers and codolences to the members/families touched by this tragedy.

Larry

Phantom Regiment director Pat Siedling speaks on the tradgedy in DC World.

Wow..this one is a double whammy for me.

As a person who works in the Motorcoach industry and a who is involved in the marching world, this hits me really hard :(

I will start out by saying that the bus company involved, Chippewa Trails, is a reputable company that has been in business for over 100 years. They are respected in our industry. Like all reputable coach companies, safety is their first priority.

It would seem that the driver of the bus could do nothing to avoid the accident. He was a World War II veteran and loved kids. He perished in the accident. By all accounts, he was the type of driver that we in the industry love to work with: safe, reliable and good with all types of groups. My thoughts and prayers are with his family as well as the families of the Band Director, his wife, and his Granddaughter, as well as the other young instructor that died. This unspeakable tragedy will forever touch the company and its employees, this school, and this band.

Please keep all of these people in your prayers, as well as the management and employees of Chippewa Trails. They recived the call that all of us who do buses dread..and with a longtime and beloved client to boot. :(

This is truly an awful, awful tragedy.

Thoughts and prayers go out to this Band.

I just learned this morning that band director Doug Greenhall instructed the Americanos. His daughter, the mother of the eleven year old, marched with us and the Blue Stars. On behalf of the entire Americanos organization, our condolences and prayers to all affected.

May God welcome those who perished, into his kingdom with open arms.

Just saw a news conference on one of the Eau Claire TV stations. The NTSB has been called in and there should be some more info into the "why" later in the week.

This is the latest info from the Chippewa Falls Herald Newspaper: http://chippewaherald.com/

There are no words ... somehow I'm hearing "Canon in D" and "Amazing Grace" in my head today along with Star's "Chorale in F" and "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Prayers are with everyone connected with this tragedy ... and an outpouring of condolences.