prayers needed

This reminds me of the bus that crashed near Camden Georgia on its way to Disney for a performance. It overturned near exit 1. The band members stayed for a few days at a youth center, and I remember quite a few of our band members visiting to talk with them. Bringing anything they needed. My heart goes out to the families of those who were killed. A loss like this is a heavy one to bear.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we heard this very sad news this morning at church ... it's made me stop and think ... we stand around in parking lots or at school sites for rehearsals or at the camp site to cheer for our favorites ...

Please ... whenever a bus pulls into a site, whether it's at a WGA, Winter Percussion, Drum Corps (of any age) or high school marching band ... we should all bow our heads ... and say "thanks" ... for the safe journey.

I graduated from Chippewa Fall HS and taught there for 5 years it is a great program loaded with corps memebers in the band and on the staff

from a call from a bud of mine what I heave heard in not good ...

both Band Dir. marched corps

Doug Greenhaul marched Wausaw Story

Brian Culacut Marched Scouts, Poineer, gardsmen, aud used to teach Capitol Sound

please keep them in your prayers

Edited by bscontra

From what MSNBC says Four Adults and one 11 year-old girl was killed. Check the MSNBC site for more info.

This is the saddest news I've heard in a long time. I was woke up early today when my mom called to tell me and this day has been very rough.

Of the five killed there was the bus driver, Doug Greenhall (sp?) (one of the band directors--if you see this band often, you'd remember the director with the beard and the leather jacket who always had a smile on his face and liked to come cheer with the bands in the stands), his wife Therese, their granddaughter, and Branden Atherton. Branden is a friend of ours and was student teaching there. I still can't believe it. Pray for his family and his girlfriend, Andrea. They were practically engaged and I know this has been very rough on her already.

Also, keep praying for the injured people. Brian Collicot, who marched many years in corps and was on our staff at Cap Sound-- was airlifted to Rochester and is in critical condition and Jessie Rozga--who marched CS gaurd for 4 years and is on staff with Chi-Hi--is also not doing very well. Please pray for them and all the others....

Edited by CSGirl

I found out this morning from my dad. I knew the head director. :(

The group filed in around me after they finished their show and waited for awards. They lost a great flame for music in the Chippewa Valley this morning. :(

Thoughts and prayers are with them.

Along with prayers, I was wondering if there is any help that can physically be given... if I was in the Wisconsin area I'd contact the band and see if they needed any sort of assistance during these times too... has anybody done this?

Being a school counselor in Wisconsin, I can assure you that several surrounding school districts have offered their services to Chippewa Falls. It's just the way we do things.