prayers needed

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of us have been sitting in those very same seats on that very same bus on that very same trip in our own worlds?

Condolences and prayers to everyone involved and touched by these lives and this tragedy.

Prayers to everyone who must go on in those very same seats on that very same bus as our worlds continue. Here's hoping this never happens again, which would be too soon.

- R -

Edited by BlueR36

More questions are starting to arise as to why this happened:

More from the Chippewa Herald

It does get you thinking, though, doesn't it? Just consider all the bus miles put in every year by drum & bugle corps, marching bands, school-related and independent sports teams, etc. It really makes you thankful that tragic occurrences like this one aren't more common.

like alot of other people are saying, how many times have we been sitting on a bus either with drum corps, marching band, or a sports team. and how many groups have all of us seen that roll into shows/sporting events the same way we did. and it really oes make you think of all the times you had to sit on a bus to get somewhere. and the only thoughts were either how much longer till we get there, i really need to goto the restroom, or how much longer till we're home.

i hope the survivors get over their injuries with no lasting effects, and my condolances go out to the families and friends who lost someone. as well as to the band.

It does get you thinking, though, doesn't it? Just consider all the bus miles put in every year by drum & bugle corps, marching bands, school-related and independent sports teams, etc. It really makes you thankful that tragic occurrences like this one aren't more common.

Not to make light of things but I have thought about all the miles pro sports teams put on. Then, one day when I was watching Sinfeld, George discussed with a New York Yankee why we haven't seen an entire team involved in a plane crash. I thought to myself, that's what I have been thinking all these years.

Again, I don't want to trivialize the tragedy that happened, but sometimes I think it's a miracle that there aren't more. That must mean there are a lot of dedicated and focused drivers/pilots out there, bless them.

Tonight on Paula Zahn on CNN they did a special story on the band director there, Doug Greenhall, it was very moving and warm. You could feel the love they (students and the faculty and the town) had for this man. Doug Greenhall they called him "G" for short...

What a great memorial tribute..thanks CNN.

More updates:

Chippewa Herald - Interview with Superintendent

News from WQOW: Bus Crash

News from WQOW: Counselors Available

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those impacted by the tragic Chippewa Falls High School Band bus accident on October 16, 2005.

All of your neighbors and friends with the volunteer team of ...

WEB_OvalLogo.JPG

The Menomonie show volunteer team has received special permission from our Foundation to make a $500 donation to the Chippewa Area Community Foundation to a permanent fund memorializing the band director, his wife and grand-daughter by supporting music at "Chi-Hi.".

You can learn more about this fund and how to make a contribution HERE.

Edited by mace

Not to make light of things but I have thought about all the miles pro sports teams put on. Then, one day when I was watching Sinfeld, George discussed with a New York Yankee why we haven't seen an entire team involved in a plane crash. I thought to myself, that's what I have been thinking all these years.

It wasn't a pro team, but on Nov. 14, 1970, a chartered Southern Airways DC-9 carrying 37 Marshall University (Huntington, W.Va.) football players, 8 members of the coaching staff, 25 fans and supporters, and 5 crew members was returning to Huntington from a game at East Carolina. The plane crashed on approach to Huntington's Tri-State Airport, and all were killed.