Crossmen Brass Team Search Re-Opened

Let me begin by saying, I have no clue what all this hubbub is about with "issues" and what not.

However, I do not support this statement above. If the information (whatever that may be) is true about this guy, it is his actions, not a press release, that damaged his reputation.

True that he may have damaged his reputation by himself, and I have no way of knowing either way. But I too felt that YEA went a tad too far in that press release - in my opinion, YEA should not need to engage in innuendo, almost skirting libel, in talking about the change, even if the person somehow wronged them. If that is the case, then why "stoop" to the same level. The wording of the release does lead one to believe that something improper happened, and thus has a potentially damaging effect.

Anyway, good luck to the Crossmen whatever happens. I wish them success in finding the right person.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion, YEA should not need to engage in innuendo, almost skirting libel, in talking about the change, even if the person somehow wronged them.

That's the thing though, he didn't "wrong" YEA! or the Crossmen, they simply did not know something in the past had in fact taken place.

Like the press release says...

Mr. Hopkins continued "I take responsibility for this mis-step. I had spoken to individuals regarding Keith but, I did not take the time to review past California contacts. It was my mistake. I am happy the corps' community informed me of the situation, as much as I am personally embarrassed at my lack of attention to detail. At the end of the day, this is a mis-step that we will correct".

I'm not trying to add fuel to this "fire" by my postings here... but in my opinion, YEA! handled it in the best possible way considering the circumstances surrounding the decision.

While I have nothing but respect for Chuck, I have to disagree. If this is NOT something you want in a public forum, don't refer to "information" requiring you to rescind your offer.

Again, I don't know the specifics, and I agree these things should generally be kept private (unless it involved something where the subject might be a danger to others) so I'll defer to management's better judgement on the matter. But I still believe the release was not worded tactfully. In fact, it was provocativally in that it begged the question "gee, what information?"

Further, I disagree with those who say this thread should be closed by DCP administrators. Sure, it's a private forum and you can do whatever you want. And, sure, if there is libelous information posted, delete those posts, but overdeleting is worse than not deleting anything (which is why people left RAMD in the first place.)

For the sake of consistency, I am closing this.

Whether or not YEA said too much in their press release is up to the individual reader to decide. The simple fact is that the offer to Mr Robinson has been recinded and that is that.

Closed