Crossmen Brass Team Search Re-Opened

Why in the world should we not be allowed to discuss a press release that's posted right there on the Crossmen's webpage in a public forum?

Because there are some pretty serious issues behind this that, quite frankly, are better off left off of DCP.

Like Chuck said, YEA took care of their house in an orderly manner, and that's the end of it.

Hopefully a mod will close this soon.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there are some pretty serious issues behind this that, quite frankly, are better off left off of DCP.

Really?

Suppose it was DCP that caused this (which I believe it was since I saw the thread that was pulled)?

Was that good or bad?

The "issues" occurred well before anything was posted on DCP. However, talking about them on this site does not help either the people involved or the activity, so again, it's better to just let this go.

Edited by Galen

From Yea.org:

- Tricia Gooley will return as the caption chair for the guard

YEA Tricia!!!

It gets back to the whole Troopers thread. OK, it's an internal matter but then they put out a press release which implies that there's "something juicy". Why not just say that "due to unforeseen circumstances, Mr. Robinson has decided he cannot accept" yadda yadda yadda. OK, it may be BS, but corporate execs "choose to pursue other options" all the time.

All that press release does is open things up for speculation by those (like myself) who are not in the know.

i'm with you. corps cry people try to pry too much....well you post something like that on your website and people will pry.

not only that, it could lead to legal action if it is found that whatever info they got was false.

No.

When something like this happens, you end it quick and make no excuses.

In a youth activity, you take care to provide the very best experience to the youth.

YEA is doing that.

The mis-step has been acknowledged, the repair has occurred, and now we move on and concentrate on giving the best possible experience to the 2006 Crossmen. It is worded correctly and is not intended to be "juicy" or "provocative". . . just the right thing to do as they move into their future.

The press release is to inform the community that a change has been made. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is over.

Regarding the Troopers. . . although rightfully in another subject line. . . this is not the same situation. As the only person in the world involved in both situations. . . I say that with some authority.

Goodnight all -- hope Monday treats you well -- and we all grow healthy in our associations with music and drum corps.

best,

Chuck Naffier

Hopkins stated, "Scott Litzenberg and I have discussed the matter, and it is our feeling that, with consideration of the information received recently, Mr.. Robinson is not the best individual to lead the Crossmen brass effort".

this whole statement is wrong, and it's more than a press release Chuck. it's called political suicide. this is the kind of thing that burns the media time and time again in politics....'info" gotten from "sources" who end up being false. even if they arent false, it still shouldnt have been said that way. it's damaging to the guys rep.

would you be so cavalier if this had been posted in regards to you?

The guy's "rep" is damaged way more by the "information" than this press release from YEA!, I'm sure. Hopkins and YEA! decided based on very reliable sources (criminal cases aren't just made up or falsified) this was the correct action to take.

The "source"/"information" was posted here on DCP and it was obviously removed for a reason.

Why try to start something over nothing? If you didn't see the "information", then oh well, get over it or ask someone who did see it. DCP is not the place to discuss it, as the moderators and admin have decided. Leave the discussion to PM...if you seriously must discuss. <**>

Can we close this please? :worthy:

not everyone reads DCP and may have seen the info. and...IMO..still ####y for YEA to do that. probably more people read their site than DCP every day

even if they arent false, it still shouldnt have been said that way. it's damaging to the guys rep.

Let me begin by saying, I have no clue what all this hubbub is about with "issues" and what not.

However, I do not support this statement above. If the information (whatever that may be) is true about this guy, it is his actions, not a press release, that damaged his reputation.

not everyone reads DCP and may have seen the info.

At this point, Jeff, I don't think anybody needs to see the info. As far as I'm concerned, YEA did the right thing.