Congratulations, Fred!

I just read on the DCA website that DCA has named Fred Windish as the circuit's new Director of Public Relations, replacing Tom Peashey, who is now working with the Seattle Cascades.

Tom's a tough act to follow, but Fred is a GREAT choice.... congratulations, Fred!!!! :blink:

Fran

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to be a member of the DCA team. Here's a summary of this weekend.

DCA Convenes in Rochester

Rochester, NY’s Crowne Plaza Hotel was site for DCA’s annual October meeting on Saturday, October 22. The October meeting is usually a time to review the past season, receive reports from various divisions, for election of officers, and to establish goals and objectives for the coming year.

This year, the meeting in Rochester also served as a preview of preparations for DCA’s next championship event. Upstate New York, and the Greater Rochester Region, are gearing-up to host their tenth drum corps championship week, as the 2006 DCA World Championships, presented by A.J. Wright, are scheduled for brand new PAETEC Park, in the city’s downtown.

Rochester was host to nine previous DCA Championship events. Most recently, the city utilized Frontier Field for DCA in 1996. The 2006 event is to be held at an entirely new venue, nearby PAETEC Park.

Nearly one hundred attendees, representing 23 corps were present. Gil Silva was re-elected President of Drum Corps Associates. He will be joined by Vice President, Larry Hershman; Secretary, Glen Johnson; Treasurer, Michael Corso, and Rich Templin, Judging Coordinator. Dan Rippon, the 2005 Vice President, will assume the position of Assistant to the Treasurer.

Appointments by the executive board included Dick Eschenmann, returning as Business Manager, Dick Pronti and Barbara Haring as Coordinators of Individual & Ensemble events.

Jim Minster will oversee DCA’s Class A Division, while Vic Kulinski will return as Coordinator of DCA South, joining Kurt Schiebel who will continue to manage DCA’s Central Division.

Fred Windish was presented as the new DCA Director of Marketing & Public Relations.

Jim Gruber of the Reading Buccaneers was voted Director of the Year for 2005. The Buccaneers are the current DCA World Champions.

Allen Buell, Business Manager for the Empire Statesmen, was introduced as Chairman of the 2006 DCA World Championships, presented by A.J. Wright. Mr. Buell outlined preparations to date and surprised attendees with an invitation to tour the new PAETEC Park facility.

PAETEC Communications, headquartered in Rochester, NY, is one of America’s leading telecommunications providers.

PAETEC Park will be home to the Rochester Rhinos of the United Soccer League. This brand new, state-of-the-art venue, will open in May, 2006. Featuring approximately 13,000 seats (Phase 1), PAETEC park is designed for multi-purpose use.

Drum corps fans will be happy to know, this stadium offers everything to make “in-your-face” DCA entertainment a reality. Everyone agreed, it’s time for DCA to “Rock in Rochester,” and this place will make that happen !

For complete 2006 DCA Championship information, visit dcacorps.org.

(102305)

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to be a member of the DCA team. Here's a summary of this weekend.

DCA Convenes in Rochester

Rochester, NY’s Crowne Plaza Hotel was site for DCA’s annual October meeting on Saturday, October 22. The October meeting is usually a time to review the past season, receive reports from various divisions, for election of officers, and to establish goals and objectives for the coming year.

This year, the meeting in Rochester also served as a preview of preparations for DCA’s next championship event. Upstate New York, and the Greater Rochester Region, are gearing-up to host their tenth drum corps championship week, as the 2006 DCA World Championships, presented by A.J. Wright, are scheduled for brand new PAETEC Park, in the city’s downtown.

Rochester was host to nine previous DCA Championship events. Most recently, the city utilized Frontier Field for DCA in 1996. The 2006 event is to be held at an entirely new venue, nearby PAETEC Park.

Nearly one hundred attendees, representing 23 corps were present. Gil Silva was re-elected President of Drum Corps Associates. He will be joined by Vice President, Larry Hershman; Secretary, Glen Johnson; Treasurer, Michael Corso, and Rich Templin, Judging Coordinator. Dan Rippon, the 2005 Vice President, will assume the position of Assistant to the Treasurer.

Appointments by the executive board included Dick Eschenmann, returning as Business Manager, Dick Pronti and Barbara Haring as Coordinators of Individual & Ensemble events.

Jim Minster will oversee DCA’s Class A Division, while Vic Kulinski will return as Coordinator of DCA South, joining Kurt Schiebel who will continue to manage DCA’s Central Division.

Fred Windish was presented as the new DCA Director of Marketing & Public Relations.

Jim Gruber of the Reading Buccaneers was voted Director of the Year for 2005. The Buccaneers are the current DCA World Champions.

Allen Buell, Business Manager for the Empire Statesmen, was introduced as Chairman of the 2006 DCA World Championships, presented by A.J. Wright. Mr. Buell outlined preparations to date and surprised attendees with an invitation to tour the new PAETEC Park facility.

PAETEC Communications, headquartered in Rochester, NY, is one of America’s leading telecommunications providers.

PAETEC Park will be home to the Rochester Rhinos of the United Soccer League. This brand new, state-of-the-art venue, will open in May, 2006. Featuring approximately 13,000 seats (Phase 1), PAETEC park is designed for multi-purpose use.

Drum corps fans will be happy to know, this stadium offers everything to make “in-your-face” DCA entertainment a reality. Everyone agreed, it’s time for DCA to “Rock in Rochester,” and this place will make that happen !

For complete 2006 DCA Championship information, visit dcacorps.org.

(102305)

CONGRATS FRED!!!

Fred is a GREAT choice! Wishing you much success in your new position.....

Tony B)

Fred,

We have had many chats, and I know you have tough shoes to fill, but i'll say publically here what I have said to you privately...I think you are great for the job, and you will do an incredible job.

I'd also like to congratulate Mr. Hershman on his election to the VP spot. I was surprised to see Dan Rippon wasn't in that role again, but I think Larry is MORE than capable.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's warm welcome!

Tom Peashey did an excellent job for DCA. While I will not be posting here nearly as often, please know that Drum Corps Associates recognizes the importance of fan satisfaction. Every comment and suggestion expressed here by our audience will be read, noted, and respected.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's warm welcome!

Tom Peashey did an excellent job for DCA. While I will not be posting here nearly as often, please know that Drum Corps Associates recognizes the importance of fan satisfaction. Every comment and suggestion expressed here by our audience will be read, noted, and respected.

Congratulations Fred and Welcome Aboard..

Fred will do a great job, he has hit the ground running.

Congrats Fred good to be working with you.

Good luck Fred, from what I can tell from your posts and msg you do well keeping your head while things are getting nutsy around you. Definitely a plus in this job. Hope to see you at Rochester in 2006.