Hawthorne Caballeros Announce 2006 Theme

One what? To me, and it's all about me :devin: , themes mean nothing. I just don't get all psyched up because a "theme" sounds good. Sorry if that offends you. <santa>

Rocketman - no theme ever won anything

ampssuck

2005 Cadets The Zone [Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door] -

2004 Cavaliers 007

2003 Blue Devils Phenomenom of Cool

2005 Reading Buccaneers- Variations in B

2004 Empire Statesmen-Go Hollywood

2003 Hawthorne Caballeros-El Toro Nuevo

No one won with theme shows?......Are you sure? :laugh:

Back on topic.......Nov 27th 12pm Open House www.cabs.org

REFLECTIONS THROUGH THE FUTURE!

Edited by JKatzmellophone

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really trying to take one side or the other here but I don't think you are all getting what this guy is saying.

You can have the best show concept in the world but if it's not performed well, it's not going to win. I really think that's all he's getting at. That's basically what you're saying in this post. That theme without the "clean and good" wouldn't have won it.

2nd... I would say a "theme" has won a championship... just look at Cadets this year... I would say that their Theme is what won for them... Not to mention How clean and good they were...

I'm sure you guys will have it all this year though.

I love this time of year. Excitment is high all around and everybody's just a little bit on edge.

Here's to a succeesful open house all the DCA corps. Only 27 days left until ours!

Being a former Bushwacker (before I was a Cababllero), I am stoked that Bush is experiencing a rejuvination, and I'm looking forword to competing with them while they are at their best. Good luck Alex and company. Theme Shmeem lets just play!

Everybody better just bring it this year. I want a dog fight to the end.

Better yet... A BULL fight! ^0^

If you believe it was the "Theme" that won those shows, I really don't know what to say other than, good for you, and keep theaming.

Rocketman - I Had a Theme

ampssuck

Lest we forget...

20020817_russos_lg.jpg

:)

Jeff, that is one of my favorite pics of the night! I'll never forget Mike Windfield's face the moment he saw us. LOL!

Jim Russo, 2nd from the right.

PS - Thanks for the laugh!

2000 Brigs - City Rhythms

2001 Brigs - Jazz Street After Hours

2002 Brigs - Picasso Sketchbook

2005 Cadets The Zone [Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door] -

2004 Cavaliers 007

2003 Blue Devils Phenomenom of Cool

2005 Reading Buccaneers- Variations in B

2004 Empire Statesmen-Go Hollywood

2003 Hawthorne Caballeros-El Toro Nuevo

Back on topic.......Nov 27th 12pm Open House www.cabs.org

REFLECTIONS THROUGH THE FUTURE!

¡REFLEXIONES CON EL FUTURO!

The Hawthorne Caballeros are excited to announce their 2006 show theme: REFLECTIONS THROUGH THE FUTURE!

Intrigue, excitement, drama, and passion – a show that will entertain drum corps fans – past, present and future.

Want to know more! Come to our 2006 Open House on Sunday, November 27th at 12:00 noon. Go to www.cabs.org for further information. Or contact Mike Ryan by phone (973) 709-0500 ext. 1532 - or email Mike at cabscontra@aol.com.

SO Getting back on Topic here. After seeing Gary this weekend and some of our PA people. Everyone is really Pumped about the up coming season. They all wanted to get started right away.

The other cool thing was I had a few people come up to me at the Recruiting table and say. Hey I like the theme name. Sounds like it could be interesting and Cabs again. These were not people from the corps but a few actual DCA fans. NICE!!!!

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!! :)

Jeff, that is one of my favorite pics of the night! I'll never forget Mike Windfield's face the moment he saw us. LOL!

Jim Russo, 2nd from the right.

PS - Thanks for the laugh!

Jop I was paralyzed it was so funny.

I can't stop smiling now that I saw it agian. :laugh: