'Voice of DCI' joins Phantom Regiment

Legendary ‘Voice of DCI’ to join Phantom Regiment as tour manager

ROCKFORD (Nov. 1, 2005) – Phantom Regiment is pleased to announce the addition of Brandt Crocker as tour manager for the 2006 summer season.

Crocker is well-known as the only announcer at DCI finals since the inaugural Drum Corps International World Championships in 1972. He will continue in that role as well as announce at the Columbia, Mo., and Murfreesboro, Tenn., shows in addition to his role with Phantom Regiment.

“I am thrilled to have Brandt on board. His experience, age and easy-going personality will be a great addition to our touring team,” said Patrick Seidling, corps director of Phantom Regiment. “Brandt not only is a DCI-era icon, but he has deep experience in the touring side of drum corps and, more importantly, he was a successful school teacher, principal and superintendent. He inherently has a grasp of our mission here at Phantom Regiment.”

For more, go to www.regiment.org

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good....as long as he is still announcing!! :)

SO....about that show announcement???? :sos:

Crocker is well-known as the only announcer at DCI finals since the inaugural Drum Corps International World Championships in 1972.

Actually, this isn't completely true (but almost). Montreal had a French-Canadien announcer.

Good luck to Brandt and the Phantom Regiment!

Actually, this isn't completely true (but almost). Montreal had a French-Canadien announcer.

Also, 1987 Finals had that radio personality from Madison, the same guy that did Preview of Champions in 1991 and generated controversy by chastising the crowd for booing Cavaliers' announcement of second place (to Star's first place). I actually liked his style, but Brandt's the man! Best wishes for a happy relationship (but there better not be any fudging of score-reading at Finals :lol: )

(but there better not be any fudging of score-reading at Finals :lol: )

If you are talking about the Brass Caption mess at finals this past summer...I don't really think it was his fault. I would assume he just reads the information he is given. (or maybe he knew that the Cavies and Regiment SHOULD of won brass). :sshh:

If you are talking about the Brass Caption mess at finals this past summer...I don't really think it was his fault. I would assume he just reads the information he is given.

And his announcing has certainly improved over the years. I remember a LOT of mispronunciations in the past, like back in 1996 when he announced SVC as doing "La Mur" and the Colts doing "The Magnifi-CAT".

The article says that Brandt has "deep experience in the touring side of drum corps" but only mentions being Business Manager at the Troopers and short touring runs with PR in the last three years. Is anyone familiar with his experience as a tour manager?

There aren't many "free agents" still floating out there who haven't come aboard the Phantom bandwagon, are there? And by that, I mean that they've been doing a great job gathering up some super people whom one would not expect would even be available.

Edited by Michael Boo