'Voice of DCI' joins Phantom Regiment

Also, 1987 Finals had that radio personality from Madison, the same guy that did Preview of Champions in 1991 and generated controversy by chastising the crowd for booing Cavaliers' announcement of second place (to Star's first place). I actually liked his style, but Brandt's the man! Best wishes for a happy relationship (but there better not be any fudging of score-reading at Finals :lol: )

I wonder if this was the same guy who announced Madison's home show in 1992. When he announced SCV in 3rd place (this wasn't finals but Madison's show) he then said, "wow, they had a good show." He sounded quite surprised at the placement. Then he announced Madison in 2nd place (behind Phantom) and the crowd booed. He said that wasn't nice and the crowd booed even louder.

Sounds like it would be the same guy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

Congratulations to Brandt and Phantom Regiment.

I want to make sure there is a stipulation in the DCI contract that he can't jump for joy if Phantom wins DCI and he's announcing :P .....just teasing....

can you blame them?

Phantom Regiment's where its at

does anyone else feel like phantom just keeps adding and adding to their staff? they're going to be an empire soon....

And hopefully they'll strike good and hard and WIN IT ALL!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Wow!

Congratulations to Brandt and Phantom Regiment.

I want to make sure there is a stipulation in the DCI contract that he can't jump for joy if Phantom wins DCI and he's announcing :P .....just teasing....

You mean like the way he went nuts announcing Cavaliers as the winners in 1992?

This is really weird. I mean I'm sure he'll do OK as a tour director if that's what Pat wants him to do, but he's the announcer!

This is as weird to me as the idea of Steve Rondinaro working on the cook staff for Magic or something like that...

When he's on the road with them, they better take advantage and have him wake the corps with the schedge for the day...

Crocker: "Good morning Phantom Regiment...It is now 8:15..."..yada yada..

It would make for some priceless moments.

Anyway, what a serious hype for PR. Good for them. :)

"Ladies and gentlemen, on the floor, from Rockford-Loves Park, Illinois, presenting their (insert date here) wake-up call....PHANTOM REGIMENT!!!!

Is Crocker's position a full-time position?

If so, what are all these guys going to be doing? Seems like Phantom has several full-time management positions...

PR has two full-time employees: corps director Pat Seidling and development director Rick Valenzuela.

Mindy works part-time hours as a regular employee. She does bookkeeping and souvie order fulfillment.

Everyone else is contracted.

Brandt will be full-time on tour in the summer.

Greg