Which Shows

I don't know, SCV 2000 could give Phantom 2003 a run for their money.

I thought about this long and hard... I asked my friends (high schoolers). As much as I love Santa Clara Vanguard 2000, they've never heard of the show. However, they all have heard and seen Phantom Regiment 2003.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom 2003

Crown 2004

Cavies 2002

SCV 2004

Blucoats 2005

I thought about this long and hard... I asked my friends (high schoolers). As much as I love Santa Clara Vanguard 2000, they've never heard of the show. However, they all have heard and seen Phantom Regiment 2003.

Non drum corps enthusiasts will probably not know about shows from more than a few years back. They may have not even known drum corps existed until recently, therefore their not hearing of the show may be justified.

I personally think SCV 2000 is on a completely different level, but hey if your high school buddies say otherwise we will have to stand corrected.

When did your high school friends first get introduced to drum corps?

I saw both live plenty of times, and SCV was a sight (and sound) to behold that year. But it's all a matter of opinion.

Two shows that I can't say if everyone will be talking about are SCV '00 and Bluecoats '05, but those are certainly two of my favorite shows from the past six years. :)

Bluecoats 05 might not achieve legendary status, but it gets an honorable mention from me. Bluecoats are quickly starting to become one of my favorite corps.

Hopefully the past 2 years will help to lay the framework for a truly legendary show.

These are given shows that all my HS friends have seen/heard.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1989

Phantom Regiment 1996

Santa Clara Vanguard 1999

The Cadets 2000

The Cavaliers 2002

Blue Devils 2003

Phantom Regiment 2003

The Cadets 2005

2003 Phantom Regiment - HAIL PHANTOM - This will be the most talked about 4th place show for enternity.

Whoa. I wouldn't go that far.

Back to business. Here is who I would have on the list:

Cavaliers 2000, 2002, 2004

Cadets 2001

SCV 2000, 2004

Boston 2000

PR 2003, 2005

Bluecoats 2005

BD 2004

These are given shows that all my HS friends have seen/heard.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1989

Phantom Regiment 1996

Santa Clara Vanguard 1999

The Cadets 2000

The Cavaliers 2002

Blue Devils 2003

Phantom Regiment 2003

The Cadets 2005

so they know corps that have won plus phantom 03... introduce them to some new stuff... because as much as i love those shows it would get old without some more variety