Lead players

I use a Curry 5Z for Lead, 5B for Concert, 5FLD for Flugel, 5TF for Mello, 7 for French horn, Schilke 50 for Bari/Euph, Bach 18 for Tuba/Contra

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you mean thanks ADAM also!!! That is my mouthpiece!!! HAH

What up PPPPPPOnzo!

Well actually Adam.....I have been playing the 6a4a since even before you joined the corps in 92. You just gave me a gold plated rim, wth really feels good on my lips. Which reminds me....I have to get it re-dipped!!!

Anyway........THANKS ADAM!!!! :unsure:

Adam is a really nice guy, huh Frank??? I think so anyway. You oldtimer Cab guys taught those young guns to respect the opposing talent. I mean that...Adam has always been one of the most respectful young soloists around. You, Chris, Deamer, the Barfer and Fossil should be proud.

Donny

I play whatever one is not being watched really closely by its owner. ^0^

Actually its a Holton (6 1/2 maybe??) No markings

• 2 weeks later...
Back in the day, I used to think that it was the mouthpiece that provided "range." I have used Jettones. I have experimented with the Parduba 5 Star Double-Cup. I was stuck on Shilke's for years. Nothing smaller than a "bored out" 14A4A. I would try any mouthpiece if it would help improve my range. I have found "range cheaters." They do nothing but pinch my tone. Then it came to pass in which I realized that: "It Ain't the Mouthpiece!" Getting to the advanced level of Trumpet/Soprano playing is similar to lifting weights. You want bigger muscles, then, you will get on a regular routine to be able to feel proud to take your shirt off. You want range, endurance, and tone improvement? It would behoove you to work on "exercises" that will put you where you want to be. That means practicing stuff that don't sound so pretty all the time. I have always said: "If you want to play high, then, you must play high." Eventually, the high notes come out easier and prettier. Range needs to be part of your regular routine. How disciplined are you? We all want to sound like Joey Pero when he's playing above Double G. I would bet that he would have the same range on a Bach 7C. My opinion is that it's all about "The Chops." (hope I get some one day.)

Holy cow!!! Is this Nick Filia talking???? What did you do to yourself? Tommy Davenport slap you around? Very nice or did you learn that all from me?

I thought they were really called "Mucky Rude" Mouthpieces? :P

Truth be told....I never played one in my life. Monette B3 still