(High School) Drum and Bugle Corps wins big

How many people read that article and believe Drum Corps is a dead artform now?? How many get that publication or will view that article??

Oh please. If anyone reads it and has any understanding and knowledge of drum corps, they know it was untrue. If they don't care about music, marching music programs, or drum corps, then they won't give a crap about the details.

You are strecthing this WAY out of proportion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point. The main goal in journalism is to be accurate. They weren't accurate...end of story.

Sorry...but that's not the "end of the story". Someone took it a few steps further in claiming that readers will believe that drum corps is dead simply from reading this article. That's ridiculous. As if someone that knows of our activity would think such a thing...

And BTW...there's not always only ONE point in a debate.

Being an educator in Sarasota County, I can say how proud we are of the North Port HS Drum and Bugle Corps. There may be a possibility of starting a corps at our school at Sarasota Military Academy.

Hi. I'm Ellen, and I'm a member of the NPHS Alliance Drum and Bugle Corps. Just to clear some things up, what is announced before each show is that we are the "only high school to have a Drum and Bugle Corps as it's only musical marching unit". We don't have any "main band" and "varsity band". Just the Corps.

You do a GREAT job!!! Keep it going...wish I could help!

This is interesting.

When I was in high School our Band Director had all woodwinds from the concert band switch over to bell front brass for marching band. since we had a small band this enabled us to have a much loader sound than bands with more instrumentalist since they had woodwinds. We would often times win the brass (or wind instrument) award simply because our small hornline put out a much stronger sound than other bigger bands.

Now if the DCI rules had been what they are today then our band would have qualified as a drum and bugle corps since the instrumentation would have fit the current rules.

Keith Hall,

I should come down to the Sarasota Military Academy sometime so we could talk. I am interning at Bay Haven School of Basics Plus right now, but let me know when would be a good time and I'll see what I can work out with my co-op teacher.

Thanks,

Shane

Sorry...but that's not the "end of the story". Someone took it a few steps further in claiming that readers will believe that drum corps is dead simply from reading this article. That's ridiculous. As if someone that knows of our activity would think such a thing...

And BTW...there's not always only ONE point in a debate.

But what if someone that doesn't know what DCI is reads the article? They might think that drum corps is dead.

his my name is troy i play on the sideline percusion for the north port high school drum and bugle corp. we are the only high school drum and bugle corp. in the united states. this year we have brought in 14 tropheys in two compatitions. At the end of this year we hope top take a huge trip to washinmgton d.c. you can visit our site at www.nphsalliance.org....... and if you would..... please donate a small amout to our trip fun for washington by clicking our make a donation link on the top left side of the window.

thank you very much

troy w.