Be vewy vewy quiet...

Cainan

well, with new owners, i gues they'll be re-written again

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trolls were funny. It only crosses the line IMO when it gets personal, and those attacks are usually members and not the clowns joking around. Maybe some on DCP should lighten up?

When DCP is sold, I sinceerely hope that 25% of the moderators get their long-overdue pink slips.

When DCP is sold, I sinceerely hope that 25% of the moderators get their long-overdue pink slips.

I think your number is low, but the moderators have always struck me as equivalent to the Architectual Committee of a Homeowners' Association: "Good behavior through arbitrary power".

I think once the site is sold, the new owners will be able to clearly see all the steps taken in ANY moderation action -- stuff that is documented on the site, including hows and whys things happened.

I also think once they see the consistency and effort towards consistency that exists, they won't have any trouble maintaining the staff at it's present levels (with the same folks) and possibly even adding more hands.

Just my informed opinion, of course.

Stef

I think once the site is sold, the new owners will be able to clearly see all the steps taken in ANY moderation action -- stuff that is documented on the site, including hows and whys things happened.

I also think once they see the consistency and effort towards consistency that exists, they won't have any trouble maintaining the staff at it's present levels (with the same folks) and possibly even adding more hands.

Just my informed opinion, of course.

Stef

You just wait--once I win the lottery, things are gonna be a LOT different on uncle z planet B)

You just wait--once I win the lottery, things are gonna be a LOT different on uncle z planet B)

...REEEEAAALLLYYYYY.....

are there lots of construction sites on uncle z planet?

I for one give credit to everyone who donates their time to help keep things civil and constructive. It's a thankless task that always reminds me of the adage from Billy Wilder: "No good deed goes unpunished."

Sure, I might disagree with a decision here or there, but overall I think they do a great job and their efforts make this site a pleasure to visit. Folks who don't like the moderators' work are certainly welcome to submit their names so they can donate their time to the site.

I for one give credit to everyone who donates their time to help keep things civil and constructive. It's a thankless task that always reminds me of the adage from Billy Wilder: "No good deed goes unpunished."

Sure, I might disagree with a decision here or there, but overall I think they do a great job and their efforts make this site a pleasure to visit. Folks who don't like the moderators' work are certainly welcome to submit their names so they can donate their time to the site.

Cheers for that mate. It is appreciated.

i agree with Tom. I may not always agree with the decision made, but I do know they weren't made of malice or abuse of power.

i mean besides Mikey :P

i agree with Tom. I may not always agree with the decision made, but I do know they weren't made of malice or abuse of power.

Jeff,

You and the others who post both here and at that other un-moderated, evil empire of godless communism would be my poster children for personal restraint and self-control.

You folks say the same things, in the same civil way, in both places. (BTW, I quit posting there some time ago because it's a mechanical mess for Mac users, not because of the content.) To hear the "pro-control" talk here, one would expect you folks to take on different personas on "the other side", and not be trusted to come back and control yourselves without being nannied.

I fondly recall the good old days of the Prodigy newsgroup. Prodigy had moderators, but only by exception for things like the grossest obscenities and threats against one's person. Despite that, folks like Jeff Mitchell and Bill Cook were active participants who were mature enough to work around the childish idiots and keep up enjoyable conversations.