zachsbugle

Bush Bari "stack",2001

3-6.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush Bari "stack",2001

All you need is a little lighter fluid and a match...

Guest mafields627

I know it's not corps but, I ran across this pic and thought it was cool. It's JSU's Marching Southerners 20-J tuba section at an exhibition.

bigj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember exactly where it was was, but I THINK (correct me if I'm wrong) it was at a regional...???? (or maybe they always do it, and I just saw it at that contest for some reason) I don't know...anyway, I kinda peeked over at Phantom Regiment's retreat block and saw this huge pile of Contras...it was some sweet abstract art. I was amazed. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anywho, I wanted to take a picture, but darn the luck! I don't bring any cameras onto the field... B)

Catch ya later~!

JScottJones_89pic3.jpg

Tribute by Suncoast Sound 1989 to Spirit of Atlanta for not making Finals for the first time ever.

Ironic, seeing as how Suncoast itself stopped competing for a couple of years the following season.

Still, it was a very nice touch, one southern corps to another.

I miss them.

We had made something up for D2 finals night this year; we practiced assembling all of our horns in the Capital Regiment logo (the dome, see my icon for an idea). We practiced setting it up during the day but we never got to do it that night :( Plus our horn sgt. forgot the "flag". :P

BD Bass Line still stacks their drums as you described during retreat, at least through '99. Their Soprano Line also formed the number 9 in '97 shooting for their 9th DCI title. As for the rest of the brass, we just lined our horns up like everyone else, with the exception of Picture Day when some formation was created.

Edited by MithrilBrass77

We had made something up for D2 finals night this year; we practiced assembling all of our horns in the Capital Regiment logo (the dome, see my icon for an idea). We practiced setting it up during the day but we never got to do it that night :( Plus our horn sgt. forgot the "flag". :P

lol darn, i would had liked to see that. It would had been one of those things where you squint and say "now what is that supposed to be?"

I wonder what the hardest logo would be to pull off with a corps.

In Canos they do the Americanos "A" in horn formation. Pretty easy as far as a form goes. I'd like to see "The Cavalier" or maybe the kilt's Lion mascots.