Rochester stadium looking finished!

That looks like one heck of a stadium for a DCA show. Up close and personal. Cool!

Fran

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2889c_lr.jpg

Looking a the pic to bad the concert side is not the other way around. It looks like it would be easier for corps to get on. I think alot go from Left to right like we do and then the fans would be happy because then you would have to troop the stands to get out. It's looks a ittle tight in the back there. WIll have to remind people not to step over to early..

I don't mind trooping the stands sometimes. I know when I was a fan I liked it. So.

P.S. this was not a Knock on Bush etc. I was just looking to see how we would be getting in and out and warm up areas etc. So don't even go negative on me. Thanks.. :)

it reminds me of Frontier Field in how everyone got on and off.

everyone entered from the back right, while trooping the stands going off to the front right.

this way, it looks like the same set up, or reversed, depending on which side is concert side.

thats a good thing IMO

Anyone happen to know the seating capacity? Concert side? Are fans gonna be allowed in the back stands? I haven't watched a show from that side(in the bleachers anyway) since the later 80's. I know, not the best seat in the house, but it offers a unique perspective. All the stuff you're not likely to see on the DVD's.

Looking a the pic to bad the concert side is not the other way around. It looks like it would be easier for corps to get on. I think alot go from Left to right like we do and then the fans would be happy because then you would have to troop the stands to get out. It's looks a ittle tight in the back there. WIll have to remind people not to step over to early..

Actually, it's a much wider stadium than you might think. Remember, professional soccer fields are FAR wider than football fields, sometimes almost twice as wide. Looking at the new field in Rochester, I'd guess that it's probably between 70 and 75 yards wide, leaving plenty of room for movement in front and back. What will be important is how close to the front stands they put the sideline.

Anyone happen to know the seating capacity? Concert side? Are fans gonna be allowed in the back stands? I haven't watched a show from that side(in the bleachers anyway) since the later 80's. I know, not the best seat in the house, but it offers a unique perspective. All the stuff you're not likely to see on the DVD's.

:drool:

... and what about PARKING??? Looking at the photo, there doesn't seem to be that much space provided for cars, trucks, buses etc.

B)

$20 bucks says the corps show up to soccer lines on the field.

LOL so true!

Either way it looks like a fantastic field and it sure beats a baseball field. I can't wait to march on that field, looks comfy, clean, safe, and ready for some "throw your babies" type drum corps. Thank god for not going back to Scranton, thank god for not going to Winston-Salem, NC...well you get the picture!

ROCK ON!!!

That pic is cut off at the right spot on the west (right) side.You dont get to see what's west of Broad Street. That can be a surprise to everyone.LOL

Donny