DCP for sale?

Eddie

I hope you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath over legally binding documentation over a drum corps website.

any sale of an entity of any type needs to have paperwork that is legally binding documentation.

just an FYI. :)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, and in that documentation, you can lay out the terms of the sale.

lets not bring the amps stuff up in here

:P

In all seriousness, isn't it funny how much some of these conversations parallel in their paths?

any sale of an entity of any type needs to have paperwork that is legally binding documentation.

just an FYI. :)

yep, and in that documentation, you can lay out the terms of the sale.

Well, then I hope the proper language is included.

In all seriousness, isn't it funny how much some of these conversations parallel in their paths?

funny isnt the word many would use.

but, aside from the personal attacks from people who should know better and some overblown reactions, i think what i said in my long post will hold true....in 6 months, we'll be back to our semiannual guidelines enforcement war

what if we gave there too? or Friends of DCI? or sponsoring members of corps?

dont paint all with that brush, you're going outside the established lines

I thank MikeD for helping clarify the statement.

"Saving the Troopers" leapt from my keyboard in an attempt to dramatize the difference between donating to a non-profit and subsidizing a private entity. If people gave money to George/Mike New AND made a donation to a non-profit, good for them.

Personally, I'd rather donate directly to a corps, or sponsor a deserving member, but I can see how some may find helping pay the freight here or in helping DCI or DCA at the institutional level as other ways of promoting the activity. That said, if the cash flow is as advertised on e-bay, there doesn't seem to be a need for cash infusions here (but I assume that hasn't always been the case).

A word to our prospective new owner: not everyone who makes contributions to non-profits is motivated by the IRS. I've lived through two beloved corps folding due to lack of money and if I and other modest contributors can assure that no other corps meets the same fate, I'll do it.

wait i could have claimed dcp on my taxes?

####.

nah. i'm not gonna do it. dcp isnt a write off as far as i am concerned.

It's worth a try. If it worked for my cat.............

your cat files taxes? :lol:

*momentary humorous interlude*