DCP for sale?

Eddie

let me repeat myself. again. i have no problem with george selling dcp. i have no problem with the price. i have a problem with how he's going about it.

I DO NOT CARE if you do not agree with me. collective you here, anyone who does not agree. no one in specific. you are entitled to your opinions, just as i am entitled to mine. do not criticize me for them, do not try to change them, do not try to indoctrinate me with your opinions. they are valid, as are mine.

MY OPINION GOES LIKE THIS.

i have no problem with george selling dcp. i have no problem with the price. i have a problem with how he's going about it.

end of story.

so, how do you really feel?

:P

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Emma. We have no rights. We don't matter. Why should anyone listen to us?

Later, all.

lets not bring the amps stuff up in here

I love DCP and have truly become addicted. Thank you George and all who helped make this site what it is today. I hope that it continues, as always, feeding my need for corps info and gossip. If not, I will be looking for a good 12 step program.

I have a stupid question. What stops someone from doing this?

edit link in violation of terms of our use _GD

This isn't NPR. It's a privately-owned commercial entity with a positive cash flow. In short, you did not "donate" to a charity. You just gave money to George.

I've wondered why you folks were "donating" here when you could have collectively saved the Troopers.

what if we gave there too? or Friends of DCI? or sponsoring members of corps?

dont paint all with that brush, you're going outside the established lines

wow ~ they were qualified to fill out the Troopers tax paperwork they never filed?

who knew?

:)

well ####, i know an accountant. send the stuff on over

You know what Lee, this may not be a very "moderator" thing to do but I am calling you out on this one. I am just about sick to death of you constantly attacking the mods at this site. Many of us work really ###### hard to try to make sure that this place is welcoming to ALL viewpoints and that discussion occurs civilly and peacefully. Do we always succed? No. Do we sometimes mess up and make a bad decision? You bet, but we are only human. The fact is though, each and every moderator at this site CARES what goes on here. We CARE to make sure that this site is not the cespool that RAMD had become. What have YOU done lately to make DCP a better place? What time have YOU given the site?

Well?

ok, ok. twenty paces at whatever parking lot they have in Rochester.

so, how do you really feel?

now now, jeffypoo, you know i've never had a problem telling people exactly how i feel and not caring who thinks i'm a ##### in the process :P

lets not bring the amps stuff up in here

maybe then they could hear us....? b**bs

i was replying to...

I've wondered why you folks were "donating" here when you could have collectively saved the Troopers.
collectively saved the troopers? really? do you have the records of how much has been donated to dcp, and how much the troopers need to recover? and i thought it was *more* about their tax paperwork than cash flow. please, let's not make unnecessary, unfounded, and inaccurate comparisons.
I think his point is that DCP is a for-profit private company...the Troopers are a non-profit activity.

It's akin to sending money to M&M Mars, a privately held company, to help them pay the electric bill on the wrapping machine in the Waco plant.

mIKE

not sure who the "his" is you're referring to mike, or i'm not quite understanding you or the original poster? oh well, not a big deal :)

by the way, after a little research, i like all the possible owners but one. i'll discuss those reasons off line

hopefully, legally binding documentation.

I hope you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath over legally binding documentation over a drum corps website.