Jersey Surf 06

The december camp went great. The percussion turnout was sweet yet again, and the hornline is getting exponentially better.

This year's gonna rock.

Edited by steelpl8s

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just stating what i think about those two division 2 corps... surf's brass sound has always seemed a little harsh to me - maybe it's the G bugles? BS didn't seem too dark either.

maybe if you had written this in a more respectful manner or in a more relevant thread people might actually respect your opinion.

maybe if you had written this in a more respectful manner or in a more relevant thread people might actually respect your opinion.

I was just gonna say that. Your only gonna get what you give. You give negeetive comments, you gonna get a negative reply.

and I don't think you want me to go into the whole..."maybe it's the G bugles" thing

Well, I started this thread excited about my son marching in Surf. Well....he has decided he isn't ready to march corps yet (he is only 13, soon to be 14). While disappointed, I know he will return to Surf sometime in the next year or so. Bob Jacobs, thank you for welcoming us in November. We will be there rootin for ya this Summer.

-Bryan

hopefully the madison soloist can help their hornline play a little less crass in 06.

I hope that you understand that 1 man, a corps does not make.

-Yoda

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

What's wrong with G Bugles? They have a nice open sound and, in my opinion, are easier to tune than any-key bugles or F Mellophones. Star of Indiana, used G Bugle Mellophones. Do you have something against them?