SCV Announces 2006 Show

i dont know if anyones sid this already....but i typed in moto perpetuo in google and the first thing that came up was something by Paganini go to http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/downloads...PerpetuoTr.html and listen to the midi. Theres a 4:53 second clip on there...sounds interesting

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if anyones sid this already....but i typed in moto perpetuo in google and the first thing that came up was something by Paganini go to http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/downloads...PerpetuoTr.html and listen to the midi. Theres a 4:53 second clip on there...sounds interesting

that doesnt sound very angry , it sounds like a etude or something

Why does everyone keep asking SCV to "go back to angry music?" Did you hear the first 3/4 of their show last year? That sounded pretty angry and intense to me. They come out with shows of the same intensity every year (a good thing, mind you), and people ask for the same things. All of their shows in recent years were mostly composed of what would be called "angry music." (Except for '01, I guess, which was a bit more cheeky than most would be used to them performing.)

I don't have flash on this computer, and can't get the link to work. Can anyone tell me what the announcement says?

and this is one of the few times I've agreed with Phantom&Phitch about a show. The Shostakovich number was pretty good, but the visual program, RCM, and Scheherazade felt too much like pandering to the vocal alumni fans. SCV used to be one of my favorite corps, but I liked them because they were pushing the envelope in terms of style and what was generally accepted by drum corps audiences. I loved them for it, and I'm hoping they step out of the 80's where they've been stuck the last two years and start pushing for what comes next.

thank god they are going back to the late 90's early 00's style, nothing against scherezade and RCM, but it felt like they were selling out....

Yeah, I hate it when they sell out to the 1967-1995 SCV style. <**>

I don't have flash on this computer, and can't get the link to work. Can anyone tell me what the announcement says?

and this is one of the few times I've agreed with Phantom&Phitch about a show. The Shostakovich number was pretty good, but the visual program, RCM, and Scheherazade felt too much like pandering to the vocal alumni fans. SCV used to be one of my favorite corps, but I liked them because they were pushing the envelope in terms of style and what was generally accepted by drum corps audiences. I loved them for it, and I'm hoping they step out of the 80's where they've been stuck the last two years and start pushing for what comes next.

They didn't have B flat horns and use amps in the 1980s!!! :P

Personally:

I loved the 1999-2003 style.

I loved the 2004-2005 style.

I'll probably love the 2006 style.

Its drum corps. Its SCV. Love it!

Yeah, I hate it when they sell out to the 1967-1995 SCV style. <**>

Kevin,

You owe me a windex wipe for my monitor and keyboard! :spit:

Curious, did you ever SEE a show from them in the 80's or are you going off of your files in your computer ?

I would assume, based on your statements that nobody under the age of , say, 25 enjoyed their last two years performances and I would also assume that you can compare visualy and stylisticaly the two past shows and the block of shows from the eighties...so whats similar ?? You say you liked them becuase they were "pushing the envelope" ...care to elaborate ?? And what on earth does "Generally accpeted by drum corps audiences" mean.....the audiences I've been in "generally accepted" the past two years shows just as much, if not more, than the ones that, in YOUR opinion were so much more rewarding.

~G~