http://www.yamatodrumcorps.org/pivot/entry.php?id=42

computer generated recordings

http://www.jksmusic.com/mb/index.php?musicID=38

Enjoy!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my honest opinion, please do not be offended.

GE - This one will really rely on the guard with the colors. The music/midi does not bring across the elements to well.

Percussion - I think that they will have a great time with parts that are grooving!

Brass - This will be an amazing brassline that nobody can touch if they can pull it off as in the midi.

Guard - They need to do a ton of interpretation in order to pull off GE for the corps.

OK, I'm gonna go out ona limb here. I think the corps that will win Div III is the corps with the highest score at Finals.

Already been said earlier in this thread. Guess originality came a long way huh? :P

OK, I'm gonna go out ona limb here. I think the corps that will win Div III is the corps with the highest score at Finals.

nothing more than rumors :P

people i've talked to in both corps say they're both staying in Div. 3

it may actually be smarter that way, cuz if you have a lot of people try out, you can be even MORE selective about who you let in

But the fewer people you take, the fewer people will get to experience and grow from what drum corps is all about. Revolution got ALOT of people at their audition camp. They may not be as strong as a division 2 corps as they could be a division 3 corps. But the people that were in that corps will come back for the next season, and the next season, becoming much better musicians and performers(drum corps' top priority). If revo goes div 2 this year, they will find themselves with a much stronger foot hold (score wise, drum corps' second priority) than they would if they go div 2 in a couple years.

But the fewer people you take, the fewer people will get to experience and grow from what drum corps is all about. Revolution got ALOT of people at their audition camp. They may not be as strong as a division 2 corps as they could be a division 3 corps. But the people that were in that corps will come back for the next season, and the next season, becoming much better musicians and performers(drum corps' top priority). If revo goes div 2 this year, they will find themselves with a much stronger foot hold (score wise, drum corps' second priority) than they would if they go div 2 in a couple years.

Do you think a corps would turn people away to stay in Div 3????????

Do you think a corps would turn people away to stay in Div 3????????

I doubt this is Revolution's problem since they have been Div. II before, but if a corps does not have the resources (instruments, equipment, busses, funding, etc.) to field a decent-sized Div. II corps - why risk it? Spend another year in Div. III building that strong base and then move up. What good is having a 40 person hornline if you only have 30 horns?