Who has the best chance to win Division III

tran

holy cow!

~>conner

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I said. I'd guess around double from last year, but I don't want to sit through and count all the kiddos. Just check out the growth in the hornline numbers. Here is Novemeber of last year. (all this can be seen through 2006 season pictures)

Image_A817D6F2429611D9.jpg

Image_A8191D3C429611D9.jpg

I counted 102.

~>conner

I'm calling it now, Velvet Knights win div. II and Anaheim Kingsmen win div. III in 2047. After those corps re-forms, of course.

Anaheim Kingsmen wins Div III? I would seriously hope they would have enough draw to be at least Div II, but with all the groups already there plus the new VK (A.K.A. not Velvet Knights) in the area, it might be hard to get kids.

As an earlier poster said, don't forget Mystikal....I know they will be there, and they will definitely be some good competition, wait til you hear what they are planning.

After talking to some friends, I heard Cap Sounds numbers were way down after last year. Only like 6 horns at the first camp and no brass staff????????

i hope this isn't the case, but isn't there a member minimum each corps must meet to be able to perform?

this is true...but deceptively true.

A lot of kids had conflicts... (alot meaning we are easily over 30...so no worries)

We had no brass staff at camp, that doesnt mean we dont have a brass staff. For that matter we have a full staff this year, including techs for all parts of the drumline (which we didnt have last year).

Our numbers were down at last camp. But they will be back up and we will be fine. Since the camp I have personally talked to 10 possible recruits and for the first time in my drum corps career I am going to be driving up to madison with a full car load of potential members. Our staff has music picked (no we havnt announced it yet) and this year is looking to be a great year.

what I have to say on your post is...

If the members of Capital Sound or the staff want to make an announcement on our numbers or anything they will....we don't need a third party (who didnt know all the facts...be honest, you didnt) to announce anything for us.

Peace love and drum corps

Lee

Edited by csdrummer

wow, will they be allowed in divIII with the size limit? will they cut to stay or keep the kids and move on to div II?

Either way, should be a good year for the corps.

wow, will they be allowed in divIII with the size limit? will they cut to stay or keep the kids and move on to div II?
I think some kiddos brought their own instruments, I saw some brass in there, but if they have the same amount of brass as last year, then they could go either way. Nothing new except thier camp report on their site. I wonder which sponsors they are going to gain.
As with all camps, some kids left early. These photos were taken Sunday late afternoon

True, but still, a rather large leap in attendence.

Well, Im going to say Spokane Thunder our first meet is this weekand so im hoping for a good turn-out. It will be fun see you in madison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) B) :lolhit:

:feednotroll: = Conrta

I think some kiddos brought their own instruments, I saw some brass in there, but if they have the same amount of brass as last year, then they could go either way. Nothing new except thier camp report on their site. I wonder which sponsors they are going to gain.

True, but still, a rather large leap in attendence.

lets not forget the enourmous amount of kids that usually try out for the drumline at the first few camps. the hornline does look really big tho....

whatever the case, good luck Revo! you guys were cool people and a very strong competitor this past summer.( not to mention an excellent drumline :P

hope to see you out on the road and doing as well and better in 06 :)