Don Allen

Don,

I was looking at the Bluecoats site and I saw "Donny Allen" Brass instructor! Is there something you are not telling us?

[clicks the guy's name]

Donny Allen

Brass Instructor

Donny Allen returns for his ninth year with the Bluecoats, having previously marched mellophone (90-92) and served on the brass staff (94-96, 04-present). In the time between Tour, Donny is the Assistant Director of Bands at Georgia Tech. He serves as Assistant Director for the Yellow Jacket Marching Band, Director of the Concert Band, and Assistant Director for the basketball pep bands. His duties also include drill design for the marching band, chamber ensemble instruction and teaching music history. He is presently a candidate for the Doctorate in Musical Arts in conducting at the University of Memphis. Donny earned his Bachelors in Music Education and Masters in Instrumental Conducting from East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. While in residence at Memphis, he served as Assistant Director of the University of Memphis marching band, the “Mighty Sound of the South”. His doctoral conducting associate duties included performances and work with the Wind Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, and Symphonic Band. Prior to his arrival in Memphis, Donny served in the U.S. Army bands program as principal horn for the bands at Ft. Gordon, GA and Ft. Benning, GA. His experience also includes serving on the instructional staff at East Carolina University, where he was Director of the Concert Band and Basketball Band. Donny taught band in the public schools for four years at West Craven High School in Vanceboro, NC. He has also worked with the former Spirit of Georgia as well as the Spirit from JSU. Donny is extremely proud to be a part of the Bluecoats family.

[clicks the guy's name]

Donny Allen

Brass Instructor

Donny Allen returns for his ninth year with the Bluecoats, having previously marched mellophone (90-92) and served on the brass staff (94-96, 04-present). In the time between Tour, Donny is the Assistant Director of Bands at Georgia Tech. He serves as Assistant Director for the Yellow Jacket Marching Band, Director of the Concert Band, and Assistant Director for the basketball pep bands. His duties also include drill design for the marching band, chamber ensemble instruction and teaching music history. He is presently a candidate for the Doctorate in Musical Arts in conducting at the University of Memphis. Donny earned his Bachelors in Music Education and Masters in Instrumental Conducting from East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. While in residence at Memphis, he served as Assistant Director of the University of Memphis marching band, the “Mighty Sound of the South”. His doctoral conducting associate duties included performances and work with the Wind Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, and Symphonic Band. Prior to his arrival in Memphis, Donny served in the U.S. Army bands program as principal horn for the bands at Ft. Gordon, GA and Ft. Benning, GA. His experience also includes serving on the instructional staff at East Carolina University, where he was Director of the Concert Band and Basketball Band. Donny taught band in the public schools for four years at West Craven High School in Vanceboro, NC. He has also worked with the former Spirit of Georgia as well as the Spirit from JSU. Donny is extremely proud to be a part of the Bluecoats family.

I have to admit, you made me look ! ha-ha

Wouldn't have surprised me...even if it was the Donny we all know I'm sure he could show them

a thing or two !

It is NOT me...this guy has been around with Bluecoats for awhile.

Donny

I bet he hasnt had as many surgeries LOL. And I also bet he has only one tone of skin color. That, in itself cannot be duplicated my friend.

Donny

I bet he hasnt had as many surgeries LOL. And I also bet he has only one tone of skin color. That, in itself cannot be duplicated my friend.

Donny

Well, I dont know Donny Allen at the Bluecoats on a personal level, but he does excellent work ! Now as for as DA that I know, meaning my pal from Rochester, the Coats or any corps would be fortunate to have him. He is a great man with a heart bigger than most, and he is just a good person to be around. So, DA, Joe is that you over there ? If it is, a step at a time Joe !

So, here is to the 2 Donny Allens, obviously that is in a great name in the brass world !

JOE !

Edited by celtickid

Thanks Joe!

Donny Allen from upstate NY

Donny

WE HAVE A WINNER :lol: (GOT "G"?)