What Age Were You When You Joined

Joined Govies when I was 19. No Junior Corps were really close, and as a woodwind I figured I would never make a Junior Corps when I was just learning how to play something new. If only I knew then how desperate some Div II and III corps were for members I maybe would have gone for it. Oh well...my year in Govies was great and I would not trade it for anything!

Barb Wendt

Govies 1996

Gulf Coast Sound 2005-06 and beyond

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined Brigadiers last year at the age of 28.

Shane

Joined the Skyliners at 18. Started drum corps at the ripe old age of 8!

Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year to all! B)

Marched my first year of corps in 1977 at age 7 in the Wayne, NJ Kings Regiment and continued jr corps in the Asbury Park Hurcs, Eatontown Royales, Black Watch and ended jr corps after two years in the Bridgemen in 84 & 85 at age 15. I started marching Caballeros at age 16 in 1986 and aside from three very needed years off in 95, 97, 2005, I'm still going strong in 06.

Hopped on the "Kiltie express" when i was 19. Marched 2 years, taught another group for 5 and in my 6th (2005), i returned to the mighty Kilts.

WWBD

I joined Alliance last year at the age of 37. It was the first time that I had participated in any drum corps activity. I had been a life-long fan, but other obligations always got in the way of me joining a corps. I'm very happy that I finally got off the fence - last year was one of the best experiences of my life.