What Age Were You When You Joined

I was 12 when I joined the Govies. My brother Mike joined when he was 13 (he was first), and my sister Molly joined when she was 12. Both my parents were marching at the time.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started in a small junior corps in 1973 at the age of 17. Marched for 3 years, but had to forgo my age-out year to devote full time to earning $ for college. That has always bugged me.

I had been following Minnesota Brass for a while and finally decided to join the corps at the age of 49 for parades in 2004 and then the full show in 2005. I find the mix of age and backgrounds to be very enjoyable. It was definitely one of the more difficult things I've tried to do after not marching for 30 years. It is much more difficult than it may appear from the stands. I love it.

Been around Sky since I was 6. They first called me a member when I was 8.

Got the idea from posts in "Seniors Becomming All Age" thread when folks started talking about what age they were when they joined a Senior/All Age corps. Trying to get an idea of where the DCP members stand.

I was 32.

I was 13 when I joined the Grenadiers. Played only 2 years of Juniors, 19 years old in Geneva and 20 in 1971 for St. Joes, then back to seniors with CRU.