Mini corps drill

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MIXED ENSEMBLE: 10 members or less

MINICORPS: 21 members or less (includes drum major)

GENE: 35 doses of Geritol on a daily basis.

In free base formulas.

After reading Strutta's comments above, I have a couple of questions.

1. If minicorps isn't departing from the DCA framework, does that mean that minicorps will follow I&E guidelines or the competing field corps rules?

2. If answer to question 1 is competing field corps rules, then shouldn't minicorps be on the field and not in a ballroom? The sound was excellent outside at Scranton this year, you could hear things just ringing through the stadium. Not to mention, there was a huge crowd.

3. Are the rules going to be in a pdf accessible format for all to see, when MCA finalizes them?

1) similar to I&E guidelines

2) (moot question now)

3) when the rules are agreed upon by the MCA member corps, there will be some format showcasing them. Whether it is on a downloadable pdf or posted to our website (when it is resurrected) is TBD.

Anyone that has specific questions regarding mini corps membership or has a mini corps interested in joining MCA, feel free to PM me and I will answer any questions as best I can and/or point you in the appropriate direction.

Strutta

MCA PR

MIXED ENSEMBLE: 10 members or less

MINICORPS: 21 members or less (includes drum major)

GENE: 35 doses of Geritol on a daily basis.

If I'm not mistaken.....MINICORPS has a minimum of 11 .....maximum of 21. Less than 11 you have to go to mixed ensemble.

1) similar to I&E guidelines

2) (moot question now)

3) when the rules are agreed upon by the MCA member corps, there will be some format showcasing them. Whether it is on a downloadable pdf or posted to our website (when it is resurrected) is TBD.

Anyone that has specific questions regarding mini corps membership or has a mini corps interested in joining MCA, feel free to PM me and I will answer any questions as best I can and/or point you in the appropriate direction.

Strutta

MCA PR

Thanks B)

I would throw out there the consideration of the idea of why was mini corps created? I don't know in that I wasn't there but what has driven me are a couple of ideas: 1) It's a lot easier to get 21 people together for this effort than, say, 125; 2) There are those that just want to get the musiccal ensemble happening without having to do the "full Monty" of marching around in a miniturized fashion. I've posted before to the fact that I don't want to march anywhere, but I'm big into the idea of playing music for me and others to enjoy. My opinion is don't kill the impetus behind mini corps by requiring full-blown marching/field shows. Let those of us who just want to "park and bark" the opportunity to do so, without killing us before stepping foot on the track. If you want to march around, do it. If we don't, afford us that opportunity. IMHO, it's all about the music!

Boom

a.k.a. Patrick Sweeney

Hot City 2005-????

Without question: All that noise IS really necessary!

I couldn't agree more!

Is it my imagination or am I not reading these posts correctly, but why does it seem the the Erie Thunderbirds are the only ones pushing all the drill and percussion issues with Mini corps? Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Erie want every Mini Corps to be a clone of themselves? Every Corps has it's own identity, let them do what they want to entertain the crowd. This is a feel good portion of the DCA weekend, sit back, listen to some sounds, have a couple of beers, applause all night. If Mini Corps wants to get serious and incorporate all these rules and regulations, maybe they (Erie) should go real competitive, not exhibition competitive, then they can do all the drill and percussion they like! For my money I'll take Mini Corps as is!

I couldn't agree more!

Is it my imagination or am I not reading these posts correctly, but why does it seem the the Erie Thunderbirds are the only ones pushing all the drill and percussion issues with Mini corps? Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Erie want every Mini Corps to be a clone of themselves? Every Corps has it's own identity, let them do what they want to entertain the crowd. This is a feel good portion of the DCA weekend, sit back, listen to some sounds, have a couple of beers, applause all night. If Mini Corps wants to get serious and incorporate all these rules and regulations, maybe they (Erie) should go real competitive, not exhibition competitive, then they can do all the drill and percussion they like! For my money I'll take Mini Corps as is!

I may have a TBird name and be a TBird soprano, but I live over 450 miles away from Erie now. Yes, I still play with them, but the drill we did this past year was enough for us. As for my posts inquiring about rules and such on this thread, being that I'm that far from Erie, I'm looking to branch out and create a minicorps here where I am living now in Salisbury, MD so that's why I'm getting answers to questions about the rules.

I couldn't agree more!

I will correct you, and, you ARE wrong. The THUNDERBIRDS are not the only corps pushing drill and percussion issues. You really need to pay attention. Think before you post.

Nick, you may be right in saying that Erie is NOT alone in this idea. It just seems like (you guys) are beating people over the head with it.

Your Buddy...

Donny

Solosop420 is not the Erie Thunderbirds! Jeez, he's one guy, with his own opinions. The Erie Thunderbirds are not beating anybody over the head with anything. Please note the difference. I'm a T-bird and I don't want any more drill than is needed to enhance the music.

Edited by Mike_B