Loser (meaning broader) embouchure???? :huh:

Talk about BIG ROUND sound.........

You mean.....less teeth?

:blush:

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.........snip........... It's hard to do staggered breathing when no one else is playing your part. just think 22 people is not enough for a full sound; and probably really difficult to write parts for.

reminds me of one of our final rehearsals, and Jeff was piping up and trying to get the hornline to not take a breath in a particular spot, and I quote..............."DON"T BREATHE THERE!, YOU CAN BREATHE ALL YOU WANT ON MONDAY!",...........................I had to walk away I was laughing so hard!

reminds me of one of our final rehearsals, and Jeff was piping up and trying to get the hornline to not take a breath in a particular spot, and I quote..............."DON"T BREATHE THERE!, YOU CAN BREATHE ALL YOU WANT ON MONDAY!",...........................I had to walk away I was laughing so hard!

I can see him saying that....

my question is... did Jeff breath during that spot?

Can-o-worms #69, opened once again. Be gentle readers.

I think you will find many who might agree with you. Thirty would make covering parts easier and allow a bit more percussion in the mix. But the challenge of 21+1 is sort of the point. It ain't easy.

Okay, who are you and what have you done with the REAL mchromik! My god, we finally agree on something. Congratulations on your win.

....OR...you can always do what we did....cut back on the horn line and add more percussion. Just sayin........

No, not a drum line in a drum corps... SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!

Speaking of hard laughing (never was good at segue's) while in the minicorps' staging area our beloved Jeff G. was conversing with whom I believe was the evenings emcee and was asked if our show had a title. With little or no hesitation and in all seriousness Jeff lowered his head and utterd...."Uh...we call this years show "Harmonic Function". B) Inside story folks......although there may be some who understand. (Personally I laughed my ### off and a quiet relaxation came over me) Priceless :)

Okay, who are you and what have you done with the REAL mchromik! My god, we finally agree on something. Congratulations on your win.

No alien abductions or anything of the sort here, Mike. I still can see some interesting possibilities in the evolution of Minicorps. But the DCA show, as is, is alot of fun for the fans and the performers. I can see a possible future where 'Minicorps' is done on a basketball court/arena with visuals and a few extra people, ala winter drumline. But there should always be stage with a room full of fans for those who just want to stand and play. Call it Mixed Ensemble, Large Ensemble, or Wall-o-Wail. There is merit and challenge in either concept.

And thanks for the congrats. We had some luck and everything came together when it counted. It was fun to play and great to get out the burnt out cinder of the Midwest. We forgot what green grass looked like.