Mini corps drill

Anyhow, not sure that missing 3 notes at the end of the performance qualifies as a minute and a half brain fart.

As I said earlier in the thread, . . . minicorps should be a place for everyone - no corps should be excluded.

Drill should be optional. Music stands should be optional. Uniforms should be optional. Talking #### about your competitors should definitely NOT be required.

The only thing that isn't optional - entertainment!

sitting there listening to you guys play was just mesmerizing, specially those wailing frenchies. I was just floored. lovedlovedloved listening to you.

Next year in Minne-Brass we will ALL be soloing all the time not just the sops. yeah, yeah. that's it. And our music will have so ridiculously many notes that every single one of us will have to have stands so we can read it all. and not just stands, but those double-wide stands so all the pages won't fall off! yeah, that's the ticket! 25 big HUGE stands!

but we WILL march with the stands! 180bpm for the first tune, 42 bpm for the second, and 251bpm for the last. And, and, and, a Z-pull at the end! yeah, that's what it'll be!

And probably no clothes uniforms, since that's optional.

Now THAT will be entertaining!

^0^ ^0^

:laugh:WHY is there no "maliciously stirring the pot" smilie ?!?!

actually, you'll find the bit about "ridiculously many notes" is true. AWESOME stuff.

the rest of this mess, not so much. :P

the most imprtant part of this post:

The only thing that isn't optional - entertainment!

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would urge folks with questions related to the judging of minicorps to take a look at the sheets. That's what I do before I design our shows. As a result, our performances generally score well.

As a show designer, I tend to look at the sheets that will be used to judge my group and design to maximize the score that can be assigned.

Then I never look at the sheets again!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Minicorps is judged on GE sheets, I think. Those will give you a good idea of what will be rewarded.

As a result, our performances generally score well.

Your much to modest.

I think one reason the Renegades do so well is that you guys have not lost focus of what DCA is all about and thats entertainment.You guys put on a entertaining show and throw it all in the wind and let the scores land where they may.

I for one applaud you for not giving the crowd a boring esoteric show that was inspired by someone that had dreams/illusions of being a DCI program. :blink:

Edited by camel lips

Nick,

Proof-read? Why don't you learn to just plain read. At no time did I call Gary a moron, I said he made a "moronic statement" and he did! To bash us and I assume Mini Brass ( with his music stand reference) and to call us not a real Drum Corps was totally out of line. You can say what you want about my posts, but I have NEVER bashed another corps! Seems to me that Gary and probably you (judging by how you seem to backing Gary) are having a problem with having a no drill, water drinking, talking, and trap setting, not a real Drum Corps mini corps kick your ###! Well deal with it because Mass Brass isnt going away anytime soon and for that matter neither is Mini Brass! You and Gary see myself and Stutta enough that if you have any problems with us or the way Mass Brass is run, be men and say it to our face don't hide behind keyboards 400 miles away and throw shots!

OMG Capt, relax! You are blowing this WAY OUT OF PROPORTION! When you say that someone has made a moronic statement, you imply indirectly that this person is a moron. That's the way I took it. It is obvious that you are angry...............at something. I missed the post where Mass Brass was refered as "not a real Drum Corps." I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MASS BRASS. I have no problem with the way Mass Brass is run.

I am a man. I don't have to hide. If/when I have a problem with anything/anyone I handle it like a man. Are you selling "Wolf Tickets?"

I am satisfied with our placement in Mini Corps last year because we "made our own bed."

Movement is a factor of Military Bearing.......Guiding, posture, staying within the ranks, staying in step, no movement at attention, ect....It's all part of it. (sorry strutta) That's all I have to say about that.

You guys are just mad because the PITTSBURGH STEELERS won the superbowl.

......................Here we go....................

Edited by SoloSop420

As a show designer, I tend to look at the sheets that will be used to judge my group and design to maximize the score that can be assigned.

Then I never look at the sheets again!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Minicorps is judged on GE sheets, I think. Those will give you a good idea of what will be rewarded.

That's cool, obviously a winning formula. But, how do you know which GE buttons to push to appease the judges? More drill, less drill, park and bark and so on. I've seen the sheets and they tend to comment on a performance more than critique one. How do you know what will work next year as opposed to this year? You don't have to give out any of your secrets, I just find it impressive that your team gets so much out of so little that is offered to you on the sheets. :angry:

We letting this go???lol

That's cool, obviously a winning formula. But, how do you know which GE buttons to push to appease the judges? More drill, less drill, park and bark and so on. I've seen the sheets and they tend to comment on a performance more than critique one. How do you know what will work next year as opposed to this year? You don't have to give out any of your secrets, I just find it impressive that your team gets so much out of so little that is offered to you on the sheets. :worthy:

Well, you have to be clean. Very clean.

Powerful playing is important as well.

One thing I learned from the more established groups was to have a strong sense of identity.

As far as drill goes, I like it, but don't see it as required. Look at last year's champ - they stood and played.

Really well.