SCV Christmas Present....Enjoy

Corpsreps.com lists 26 times a junior, senior or international corps has played this song, but the one that sticks out is SCV 1971. It was the closer that year.

Garry

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, am I the only one that thinks that it didn't sound that great?

I love SCV as much as the next guy over, but that recording was messy and out of tune.

Nah, you're not. Neat arrangement, yes...but that's about it. Not a big deal, though. It's pretty early.

They started using some euphs again last summer.

They were one of the later Yamaha deals and therefore further back on the Yamaha euph "wait list." It took a while for the YEA! corps got theirs--Cadets before spring training and Crossmen just as they started tour. The Bluecoats were the only other corps (other than the YEA corps) that had Yamaha euphs (99% sure) and that was only this past season.

In 05 vanguard used dynasty euphs. And I know that Cavies have put in an order for Yamaha euphs for their expanded hornline. I think Cavies will get the euphs before SCV since Cavies are one of the 3 contracted corps with Yamaha.

hmm, am I the only one that thinks that it didn't sound that great?

I love SCV as much as the next guy over, but that recording was messy and out of tune.

Nope, I'm with you.

Dang though, I wish french horns in drum corps would make a come-back. They could have added a "golden" tone to the mix.

• 4 years later...

Thought this was kinda funny... if you click this link it shows something pretty dang cool... And this orginal thread is from 2005!

watch this! :worthy: