One Strange Day

I have a psp and last week i finally found out how to convert dvd's on to mpg4 ( for PSP) any how i was watching Blue devils 2002 on the tube this morning and this guy tapped me on the shoulder and said he preferred 2001, I said "why is that" he said because i marched "with them in 2001", the thing is that this happened in london (drumcorps is still pretty small over here), any how i am one happy bear as I met a member from my favourite corps.

Haha, that's a great story. And glad you're a happy bear because of it. :)

Neat story. It's always cool when things like that happen.

I was in New York City with my corps hoody on. When I was tapped on the shoulder by two Bluecoat members! They actually knew someone who marched my corps and we proceeded to talk on a random street corner in New York. They were just visiting the city, but its funny how drum corps people come together. Love it Love it Love it!

How do you get DVDs to PSP? Do tell.

I found a hack for it via psphacks, but I'm not sure if it's there anymore. (Oh, and make sure you have the UBER memory stick.)

How do you get DVDs to PSP? Do tell.

OK this is a very long winded way of doing it........ 1st of all because I am in the UK when I order DVD's from the US (mainly DCI DVD's) I have to automatically convert them into PAL because they are already converted on to my PC I can convert them onto MPG4 files ( which is used by PSP ) I then put the new MPG4 file on to my memory Stick

What irony this is... My friends rock band (here in Chicago) is auditioning new bass players. A guy came in and gave a brief background of his musical experience. He casually mentioned that he was a flugelhorn player in a drum corps. My friend (who did not march but knows all the corps because of me) asked which corps he was with, and he says: "A corps called the Blue Devils. Ever heard of them?"

You gotta love the humbleness of some of our activities former marching members when they go out into the "real" world to get gigs. I suppose, however, that had the guy walked in with a corps jacket on, the response probably would have been: "What's Blue Devils?"

(BTW... don't know if he got the gig, they are still auditioning)

What irony this is... My friends rock band (here in Chicago) is auditioning new bass players. A guy came in and gave a brief background of his musical experience. He casually mentioned that he was a flugelhorn player in a drum corps. My friend (who did not march but knows all the corps because of me) asked which corps he was with, and he says: "A corps called the Blue Devils. Ever heard of them?"

You gotta love the humbleness of some of our activities former marching members when they go out into the "real" world to get gigs. I suppose, however, that had the guy walked in with a corps jacket on, the response probably would have been: "What's Blue Devils?"

(BTW... don't know if he got the gig, they are still auditioning)

Flugel??? Find out when and who!!

I had a similiar twilight zone-ish experience. A while back (around 98/99) I was in a model train store in Dallas (I worked for the prop dept of a TV show and was shopping them out) when a car full of guys dressed in suits pulled up and started to browse around. One of them looked very familiar, but I thought it was almost impossible for him to be who I thought he was. But, I had to ask..."um, excuse me, ... did you ever march in a drum corps?" "Yes, Phantom Regiment." I was right-- it was J.D. Shaw. He'd aged out the year before I joined and had worked some on the brass staff in '94. Apparently, Boston Brass was in town for a concert, they had a break that afternoon, and were out driving around. They saw the train store and decided to check it out. Small world...